Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Yarn Binge!

I spent all afternoon yesterday yarn shopping! Yay! I got three back issues of Interweave Knits for a buck each, some Classic Elite pima cotton for a kids sweater, a skein of Inca Alpaca to match a skein I already have so I have enough to actually make something out of it. And I got four or five new patterns, all at my LYS which is closing at the end of the month.

Then it was off to Patternworks where I scored some bargains in the "orphans" bin. Got two balls of Light Lopi in purple and ochre, two of Nature's Pride Worsted in a dark red and heathered grey, and I bought some white, natural and beige worsteds just to use as neutrals with color work and such. And three small skeins of a sport weight (or DK, I forget which) cotton to make some baby things--washcloths and such.

By the time we got home, I was wiped! But I still sat down and made some mittens.

Later tonight, when the world and my children sleep I shall post some FO's for your perusal. But for now, I have a heretofore thumbless mitten calling my name.

2 Comments:

Blogger chacha / Jen said...

3 issues of IK for $1 each? Score!

Welcome to the blogosphere! :)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It can be verry addicting...you find yourself rehearsing what you want to say LOL! Good yarn and magazine bargins!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes