Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, July 10, 2006

The Knittyheads Have Spoken

And they want a pattern! So here it is! Feel free to make these babies to your hearts content.

As a note to my previous post, I am pleased to report that the test drive of my first Suds Soakerz went off without a hitch. The Soakerz was only a bit damp at the end, but my end table was dry, and my hands didn't get wet every time I picked up the sweaty can. I expect it will dry quickly as well.

Sudz Soakerz
Keepin’ your cans dry…in style!

Fits most 12 oz. beverage cans.

Bits and pieces and odds and ends of worsted weight wool.

US size 5 dpns.

Gauge: 5 sts to the inch. Or so. Ish. Whatever, they’re stretchy.

To begin, CO 40 sts and divide between three dpns.

Knit in desired pattern for 4.5 inches. If you must err, err on the short side so you have "lip clearance" on the edge of the can.

*I have done a 2 x 2 rib in alternating stripes and one in plain stockinette with a colorwork band at the top. Colorwork is great for this project as the stranded yarn gives the Soakerz extra stability. Just pick a pattern you like that repeats over 40 stitches.

When you’ve knit your 4.5 inches, make your last row a purled row. Or two. Both are nice and give a defined edge along the bottom.

Now shape the bottom. Now, I said! (Kidding...do it whenever you like. I'm flexible.)

Knit one row, then:
Row 1: K2, k2tog around
Row 2: Knit
Row 3: K1, k2 tog around
Row 4: Knit
Row 5: K2tog around
Row 6: Knit

Break yarn and thread through loops, pulling tight. Weave in ends to finish.

That's it. Pretty easy, really. And fast.

Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

How cool, just printed the pattern! thanks!

11:49 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Thank you!!! All my uncles are totally getting these for Christmas :)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Merry said...

Thank you! These are great! Imagine the possibilities.....

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes