Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Teacher gifts are done!












So, it's my first foray into teacher gifts since I was in grade school. I think they came out quite nicely!

The first pair is for Ms. Malavet, the special needs aide. She's there primarily for one kid, but helps out with all of them, of course. She said her favorite color was yellow, so these are Mountain Mohair by Green Mountain Spinnery in rhubarb, with wool embroidered flowers in yellow.

Ms. Hastings is the teacher and loves magenta. I do not, so this is the second pair I made, deciding after all that I hated the first all-magenta pair I came up with. These are done with a combination of wools: Galway, Wool of the Andes, and Nature Spun, using Zib's mosaic pattern from the Il Cestino bag.

Mrs. Peterson is the other aide, and she likes navy blue, so hers are a traditional Norwegian 8-point star and lice stitch patterns. The yarn is Plymouth's Suri Merino, a blend of (you guessed it) Suri Alpaca and Merino wool. They are so soft they almost feel like angora, but with a heavy drape like silk. I'd use this yarn again in a cocaine heartbeat.

Now they've been washed and dried in the warm sunshine and are ready for their tags and wrappings!

Only four days left 'til summer vacation!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those are beautiful!! Lucky teachers.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sun? Dried in the sun? How lucky for you that the sun finally came out.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I liked your original mitts, but these are even nicer. They're beautiful!

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you must really like those teachers. those are great!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job on them! They should enjoy them and stay warm! :)

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes