Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Still raining, after all these years.

Well, not years, really. But it seems like it.

I was going to have this long, lovely post on Friday recounting my birth experience with Miss Buggy, but the rain has just got me down. Down, down, down. If I don't get some sun soon, I'm going to go buggy myself.

But I do have a few cute pics from her birthday last weekend to share. Note that it is quite wet and very rainy. Nothing has changed. It is still wet and rainy. Just so you know.
This first one is the birthday girl holding a wee bunny. They were for sale, and at a bargain price of a mere ten bucks. I was quite sure my dad was going to buy her one, since he's been threatening it for at least three years now. He even has the bunny hutch built and set up beside the barn. It could happen any day now.

Hey, as long as he feeds and cleans them, he can have a hundred of them. Stranger things have been know to happen with rabbits. I am pushing for an angora. At least get a useful rabbit!


This is Miss Emmaline Beaudalaire, and I think her smile combined with her position firmly attached to Papa's shoulder says it all about her opinion of goats in general.

The smile that says, "I'll smile if you take me out of this pen and away from these smelly, noisy beasts."

Ironic, coming from such a smelly, noisy beast such as herself.

Nah, I really do love her. A great deal of the time. So she's two...sue me.
And finally, Baboo and the llama. I mean, who doesn't love a llama, am I right?

Baboo put up the cash for the petting zoo, and his wife, my sister, the girls' Tanta, called me that morning and suggested that we move the whole party next door to her house since mine is waaaaay too small to hold all the folks. That tent over our heads was supposed to be shielding us from the hot, baking June sunshine.

So much for that plan, eh?

It was a fun party all in all and I still cannot believe the Bug is already six. She learned this from me this week:

When I was one, I had just begun.
When I was two, I was hardly new.
When I was three, I was barely me.
When I was four, I was not much more.
When I was five, I was just alive.
But now I am six and I'm clever as clever,
So I think I'll stay six now forever and ever.

I'm paraphrasing here, my apologies to AA Milne. Not that he cares, being dead and all.

And we have one more week left of kindergarten. On Friday she has step-up day, when she will find out who her first grade teacher is going to be. They'll go to their assigned classes for next year, see their rooms and their teachers, and then after that, go outside for fun and games, and do lots of fun stuff as teams with their new classmates.

Today I finished the fingerless mittens for her three teachers. I will blog the photos after they are washed and blocked. Supposedly the sun is supposed to shine a bit tomorrow, and then a lot on Monday and Tuesday.

God, I hope so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libi said...

(Sung to "Here we come a carroling")
Here I come a stalking,
a merrily I go,
here I come a stalking,
so you will always know, that we love, love you, and we always will do...

alright, so I can't write songs. You get the picture.

(Libilou from Knitty)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes