Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Bit More of the Poops

Tickled pink to find himself on a blog, Friend Bob dropped an email to let me know how much he first enjoyed seeing himself blogged about, and second how much he enjoyed my last post that was less knitting and more Poops, because as he put it, "We could all use a bit more of the Poops."

So true, so true.

So before I get to the knitting portion of our blogging program, I have a question for you: guess who was asked to be a cantor at church?

That's right! ME! Our choir director said that usually you have to be part of the music ministry for a year before she'll ask, and I only just joined right before Lent. But she said that last week I sat way down near her, in the alto section since there weren't any altos there that day, and because the microphones were out, she could actually hear my voice for the first time. (What can I say? I blend.)

And she said my voice was "lovely." Did you hear that? Someone told me I have a lovely voice! I'm so pleased I could pop. I just might, later. Or have a few pops. Perhaps some pina coladas to celebrate. But I digress.

Anyway, she waved the "one year" rule for me and I can start cantoring when rehearsals start up again in the fall. (We don't rehearse over the summer; we just sing "oldies but goodies.")

So....wheeeee!

And now for the knitting. Two FO's!

Fingerless mittens. I've never seen the point, myself, since my hands are usually warm and my fingers cold. But I do see that there are times and places where open fingers would be useful, so I've made some. Here are the pictures, modeled gracefully by Sister.

If you love them so much you just have to have them, they are also going to be available momentarily in my Etsy store.

The first pair are the Norsk mitts, done with Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in chocolate and Merino Style in petal. They feature the 8-point Norwegian star and the "lice pattern".

The second pair is the Double Diamond Mitts and they're done with Knitpics WOTA in Stream. The pattern is a moss diamond rib.

I was thinking of making these for the Bug's kindergarten teacher and her two aides for an end of the year gift. I was originally thinking something kind of grownup-y and elegant, but then I thought they'd probably get more use out of some that are a little more whimsical. Perhaps I'll do some colorwork and put some letters or something on them in bright colors. I better hurry, though because school ends in two weeks. Only 10 more trips to the bus stop. Yay!

7 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

I love fingerless mitts and I wear them all the time! Perfect for cell phone/iPod users, plus they look cool. Yours are very nice!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

They're really cute. I have a few pairs and love them. They work by keeping your pulse points warm.

3:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on being asked to be a cantor. I love singing . . . I'm lousy at it but still love doing it.

I love the fingerless mitts and my daughter loves them for when she has to do homework or some such stuff. She was always pulling her sweater or sweatshirt down over her hands. They are also great if you have to work on the computer.

1:18 PM  
Blogger MBT said...

Fingerless mitts also rock to add layers during the dead of winter. I have a plain black pair of every day gloves, and change the mitts I layer over them to have something different to look at from time to time.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Very cute! I too am a fingerless mitt gal. I love the rib and cable ones in the spring issue of Interweave.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes