Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mad as a Hatter!


I made two new hats! The first one is called "Solrunn's Hat" and it is an Erly Baker pattern. It was done with a handspun wool from the NHSWF and some Light Lopi which just happened to match.

You can't really see it that well, but the bottom has two rolled hems, the lower one in the multi-colored handspun and the upper in the Lopi. I liked the colors a lot in this one.

The second hat is the Anne Norling Fruit Hat done in Knitpicks Merino Style colors of strawberry (naturally!) and asparagus. The wee thumbless mittens are my own pattern.

I really liked this pattern a lot and it knit up really quickly--like, a-few-hours-from-cast-on-to-weave-in-ends quickly. I'm thinking how cute a top-down sweater would be to match this. Alas, I'm out of strawberry-flavored yarn. And I've got other stuff on the needles to work on for awhile.

Memorial Day Weekend

I had a lovely long weekend. My best friend from college came up and we had a great time! We stayed up waaaaayyyyyy too late talking on Friday night, and morning came early. We went up to MJ Grittles for breakfast, ate too much, then went home and collected my sister and took her to Lowe's to price her kitchen cabinets. THREE HOURS LATER she got her estimate on paper and a really great design to look forward to. The Bug was a patient little girl and got herself a prize for not having a meltdown in a long, three-hour wait at the home center. With no toys, mind you.

So, we were going to go out Saturday night, but decided to play it low key instead. I made some burgers on the grill and we sat around after the kids went to bed and talked and laughed and stuff.

I got up bright and early to go to the 8:00 mass on Sunday, and when I got back we went to Nashua to see our friend Lennie. Len teaches color guard and they rehearse in the parking lot of the mall. We grabbed him for lunch at Smokey Bones and sister and I laughed so hard that we had indigestion. Some ginger cookies from Trader Joe's set us to rights, though.

Oh, this is Lennie. Need I say more?

So, we got home and threw some steak on the grill and had another cookout. It was cool and comfortable under the weeping willow. We discovered that Grey Goose is pretty good in TJ's sparkling lemonade and that the Market Basket steak tips are faboo.

Stayed up too late again, and pretty much couldn't get out of our own way by Monday morning. But we rallied and went to Joann's, picked up some silk flowers and headed out to the cemetery to visit the dead relatives.

Bob stayed until just after two, and now I miss him awfully.

And I'm still tired from the weekend.

*whew*

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna Maria Junus said...

What an adorable hat! You are a very talented knitter.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Great hats. I love the strawberry set.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Oh, your hats are so cute. I love the strawberry one, it's darling :-)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Strawberry hat and mittens! You are so creative!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes