Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Noro Bag est Finis!

TA-DA! One fully lined, fully functional purse, and this one's all MINE!

Woot!

Here's a shot with my hand so you can get an idea of the scale. Not as roomy as my other striped bag due to the structured sides (no stretch), but more dressy and tailored. Better for more dressy occasions. Like going to WallyWorld, which is where we just got back from. Yes, I dress for the WalMart. Kidding. I was just giving it a trial run, and I must say that it performed admirably. A closer shot of the top view. The colors are truest in this picture.
An even closer shot of the stitches. I didn't felt the crap out of it like I usually do. The Noro Kureyon that I used (thank you, Secret Pal Mandy!) didn't felt as much as the Knitpicks WOTA that I used for the bottom and the bobble brim. So it's fuzzy, but not solid felt. There's still some nice stitch definition to be seen.
The handles are bamboo with brass from Joanns, and the lining is a green linen blend of some sort. I was looking for sturdy-ish and green and failed to take note of what it actually was. But it was in the linen blend suitings, so there you go.
And that's it! My kicky new bag! Yay for me!


13 Comments:

Blogger Faerynuff said...

That is gorgeous. Really professional and very smart. I love the position of the handles.

4:57 PM  
Blogger xx A said...

Lovely. :) Beautiful knitting, as ever.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looove it!!! Beautiful! I even made my husband come ooh and ahh at it!

I just purchased you more things this weekend! I think you are going to like what's coming your way!

Mandy

6:15 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

That's gorge! I really like those handles too. Normally I don't like bamboo handles, but there's something about those ones...

6:45 PM  
Blogger Abril said...

I like it a lot! How many skeins of noro did you use?

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is too cute!!!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

That's one of my favorite colorways too! :)

10:19 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

it's really pretty. i love the edging at the top and the handles.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Pretty, even lined! That's one professional-looking bag. It came out great.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

That bag is pretty rad. Actually, its ridiculously rad.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

Oh Poops! That bag is absolutely adorable! Well done! (I came here looking for a baby hat pattern and I get this treat!)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

Very cute. Inspires me to get back to felting...

11:23 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

And I especially appreciate that you refer to WalMart as "The WalMart." I do too.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes