Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I Wish I Had Pictures

But alas, I've yet to photograph any of my recent FO's. See, I photograph as I wash and list them, and I'm not quite there yet. It's been rainy and humid here for a few days, but the sun's coming out today and bringing a heat wave with it, so I'll get my stuff washed and photographed by the end of the week.

I'm still sidelined from spinning by my ankle. My wise and all-knowing Knittys Who Spin suggested that perhaps it was tendonitis. Not a repetitive motion disorder like carpal tunnel, but a repetitive stress injury instead. So I popped over to WebMD to see if perhaps this could be the case and if you can trust an online medical database, I have all the classic signs and symptoms.


The good news is that with plenty of rest, elevation, and anti-inflammatories, it's feeling much better. Stairs are painful still, and while pointing and flexing no longer cause me great pain, moving my foot from side to side isn't pleasant. So I've got some healing to do yet. And an amassing stash of fiber screaming to be spun up.

The good news is that it's made me focus on my knitting more. I've got all kinds of stuff already done and ready to be warshed, and many plans for stuff to come. I've got my mojo back, baby, yeah! I just balled up some of my handspun. You may recall that I love it so much in skein form that I've hesitated to actually make anything with it. Well, the baby skein of the brown homespun is going on the needles very shortly. Homespun mittens! Yay!

Today, the wise Bezzie extolled the virtues of TLC Cotton Plus yarn on her blog. I was intrigued. I still am. So I ordered some in Kiwi from Joann.com. I'll try a baby sweater and see if I concur. Heck, I might even knit a Tomato for myself. But I'm not joining Ravelry, even if Bezz caves. Because I just don't have time for that nonsense. I don't have time for this nonsense.

And I don't remember if I mentioned that I signed up for the Secret Pal 9 round or not. I think I did. Well, if I didn't mention it, I did. Of course I can't tell you who my SP is because she might read my blog (though I don't think so) and see what she's getting and also spoil the "secret" part of Secret Pal and there goes the whole idea. But she's got some nice things coming her way for sure! Right now they're still coming my way from all over the place. As soon as they are assembled, off goes Box the First, or the July Box as I've come to think of it.

And if you're a regular reader, you may have seen the comments from the last post where my own Spoiler has my July Box ready to mail. I'm getting goodies! Whee! You KNOW I'll be blogging the contents like a madwoman!


Now, I have to go take out the trash. My life is so exciting I can hardly stand it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

The Spawn Sweater was made from Kiwi. I think you'll like it for all the babyriffic knitting you do.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Yeah, I'm another Ravelry Luddite.

It's amazing how much time gets freed up when you can't do something you usually spend lots of time on. I almost go nuts when I can't knit, and it gets worse if I can't read! There's just all this time all of a sudden... aaaargh!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes