Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Yeah, it is. It's 73, breezy, and sunny. Not a cloud in the sky.

I have been at the computer doing class reunion stuff all day. I'm a sick woman.

Well, not all day. Come see what I made!
First, here's some yarn on the bobbin. A bit of roving from AKknitter becoming singles.

Last night, I plied all the singles. I wrapped them neatly into perfect little skeins. I wanted to keep them like this forever. Aren't they pretty all tucked up like that? There's about 4 oz. per skein, 102 yds on one and 106 yds on the other. Looks like a heavy worsted, maybe.

But this morning, I untied them carefully. They were quite well-balanced even before the twist was set. And feerst, a dip in some cherry KoolAid.

And then some time on the line in the sun and the wind.


I'm so happy! I made yarn!

I MADE YARN!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Go Poops! Yarn! Bright, cheery, Cherry Kool-aid yarn. Gorgeous.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Wait, say that again? What'd you make?


;-)

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

YAAAAAAY!!!!! Thats beautiful yarn you made! so even and mmmmm mmmm good. You are amazing lady.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

You made yarn, and it's a bright red! I love it!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YOU MADE YARN!

So pretty, I just love it!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes