Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Oy vey.

So yesterday I was all jazzed about my adventures in KoolAid dyeing, and so gratified to see a rainbow of color hanging on the line to dry.

Then, the drive band on my wheel snapped. Right at the join. I tried melting it to connect it and it didn't work. I'm trying a new technique this morning in the melting department. We shall see if it holds. So far, so good, but I've been having shit luck lately.

So my wheel is down. I did order a new drive band, just in case I can't fix this one.

Then my husband says probably the dumbest thing he's ever said to me. Nothing I care to repeat--here, or anywhere else for that matter. Suffice it to say it was stupid, thoughtless, offensive and my feelings were hurt. I told him as much and he proceeded to get mad at me for being mad at him. He finally apologized and I assured him that I would forgive him, but I was still mad at that moment and wished to be left the hell alone.

This morning, Bobo decides to get up an hour early. And is consequently fussy and tired and probably will be all day.

And as the icing on the cake this morning, my dad tells me that if he dies tomorrow, I'll probably lose the house. See, my dad pays the mortgage on the house. He took out a second mortgage to put my sister and I through college. He assumed that when he dies, because he left this house to me in the will, that I'd just assume the rest of the payments. He assumed wrong. Turns out that if it's not in the contract that I would assume payments upon his death that the bank gets the house and I'm out.

So he's got to go to the bank and see if he can get the terms of the contract changed to include my assuming the payments if and when he dies. And since I have lousy credit due to a bankruptcy, this may or may not happen. So dad is talking about cashing in all he has to pay off the note on the house. Which is all the money he has saved and invested and is planning to live off of for the rest of his life.

He's stressing because he is a worrier about money. I'm stressing because his stress isn't good for his heart. Add to that the fact that if he stresses himself into a fatal heart attack, I'll be homeless.

Talk about a vicious cycle.

I need to keep the faith that all will be well and work out as it is supposed to. And to stop worrying, because worrying never made anything better.

So I'll end with a rainbow. After the rain, is the sun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

What a rotten day!

On the bright side, you didn't find out about the house after your dad passed away and couldn't do anything about it. Now he knows the conditions and can at least try to get things fixed.

Bobo will feel much better after a nap, and who knows, your husband may come home with a big box of chocolates by way of an apology.

The rainbow of yarn is very pretty. It's amazing how bright KoolAid dye is!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

There must be something in the air. Would it be stupid to assume that the bank (if they got the house) would offer it for sale to the people already living there? Yeah I guess they probably would but at a crazy high price right? Murphy's law.

Sigh. Yup. It must be in the air.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Those colors look great!

And if I need to kick Mr. Poops' ass, please let me know.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes