Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Mitten Madness

Here are the 12 single mittens I made for a custom etsy order. I have hopes that this experience with custom orders won't be like the last one. I still can't even bring myself to relist the things that got returned last time.

The pictures are dark because Tropical Depression Barry (or whatever he's calling himself these days) is having his wet way with us. It's gloomy in my house even with all the lights on, and I do hope these dry in a timely fashion.


Because this is a knitter-friendly post, I've included specs about the mittens. Non-knitters will be bored. I promise. Heck, some knitters may nod right off as it is.


Light blue Ella Rae. Seed stitch cuff with 2 x 2 rib and textured block design on the back. Embroidered with bits of blue and white yarn.




Orange and white dreamsicle swirled mitten. Orange Merino Style and white Nature's Pride in stranded colorwork, 2x2 rib.









Blue variegated wool from Handpaintedyarn.com. Simple stockinette stitch with 2x2 rib cuff.



Purple Merino Style, 1 x 1 rib turned cuff, body is two repeats of double eyelet rib lace pattern.



Yellow and black checks. Short seed sts cuff, stranded colorwork, Merino Style yellow and Ella Rae black.



Green Knitpicks Swish in stockinette stitch with a 1x1 turned cuff. Crocheted purple flower from WOTA.



Red WOTA with pink Ella Rae valleys between garter stitch ribs and rows. Four bobbles in each row. 2 x 2 ribbed cuff.



Vintage pink and green wool from elizabeth. Seed stitched turned cuff with green flying swallows in stranded colorwork.



Kelly green Lamb's Pride. 1 x 1 rib cuff with little butterfly textured pattern stitch.



Three unknown wools in teal, magenta, and yellow. I suspect they may be Nature's Pride, but can't be sure. Bit of stranded colorwork, mostly big stripes, 1 x 1 cuff.



Slip stitched mitten with 2 x 2 rib. Base color is Nature's Pride natural with bits of Lamb's Pride in a rose color, Merino Style in green and yellow, and a teal color that I think was WOTA.



Dr. Seuss mitten. Four row stripes, 1 x 1 cuff in Ella Rae lemon-lime color and Nature's Pride in bougainvilla pink.



Why 12 single mittens? It's for a library art installation. This is going to be part of a measuring wall for kids. They can stand up next to the stacked mittens and see how many mittens tall they are. They've promised to send pics of the finished installation.



I'm an artist! I work in mittens.

















2 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Yes, those are art. Mittens are a perfectly acceptable medium, just like socks, hats, baby sweaters.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Some cool looking mittens there! Great job!:)

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes