Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I Actually Finished Something!

So usually I'm the kind of knitter who likes to make little things that finish quickly so that I can take my ADD self on to the next exciting project. But from time to time, I do bigger things that spend some time on the needles, as it were.

Case in point: Trellis Trudy. This bag has been all but done for awhile now. It sat in my WIP basket for months because I didn't feel like knitting the i-cord strap or knitting the flowers for the vines on the side. But then I remembered that I know how to crochet and in a matter of minutes, I had six flowers all done. The strap was the last hurdle. I bit the bullet and did it, and then washed and blocked the lot yesterday and set it to dry in the hot sun.

And here she is! I call her Trellis Trudy. She's for sale in the shop.

I did another mitten yesterday which brings my mitten tally to 9 of 12. Three to go. And I made one sleeve for the baby sweater, so all that's left there is sleeve #2, seaming, the front band and ties, and it's all over except the blocking. I think I'll have enough for the hat too.

So while my FO pile is small, it's inching towards filling up.

I did make a couple more baby hats, and awhile back I made some dishcloths and a bunch of coffee cozees, which I will photograph when I get more time. Promise!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Oo! Trudy is cute! But what, you didn't want to name it Garden Gertrude? ;-)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Very nice!!!

Hey..in the future..I love to knit Icord..yeah I'm sick LOL!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Thats so pretty!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Very cute! Now that it's felted, nobody will ever know those flowers were crocheted. Not that this would be a problem or anything -- I actually like knit/crochet combinations.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes