Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pushing Up Daisies

Today is Bonnie's mother's funeral. I'm singing. I'm so nervous that I haven't been able to eat all day. I rehearsed with Jeanne last night. I recorded it, and have been singing all morning. I'm probably going to do just fine, but I'm still nervous. Fear of failure.

I'm more nervous than usual because it's just me and Jeanne and the guitar. Lillian is not going to be there to bang out the melody on the organ like she does when the service is at church. Which means I have to rely on my own ability to stay on pitch. To quote Monica from Friends: "IT'S HARD FOR SOME PEOPLE!"

Pray for me, would you? I could use the help.

And yesterday I had to bury my little mouse cat. Min was 12, and had always been very skinny. It's suspected that she's part Siamese, so skinnyness is not unusual. But in the past few weeks she'd lost weight and was really becoming skin and bone. It was time to decide if she needed a vet visit, but before I could, she went downhill really quickly. It got to the point where I knew that if I brought her in, they'd run hundreds of dollars worth of tests to find out what was wrong, prescribe hundreds of dollars worth of medication which likely wouldn't work, only to have to have her put to sleep to the tune of even more money.

Or I could let nature take its course.

Mercifully, nature stepped in quickly and she died quite peacefully yesterday curled up on a corner of the kitchen rug where she always liked to sleep. She didn't appear to be in any pain, just very weak and tired. So I patted her and talked to her and checked on her from time to time, and one time she just wasn't breathing anymore. So I wrapped her in a towel and put her in a box and buried her under the weeping willow beside the day lilies.

Lilith does not seem at all upset, but then I suspected she always wanted to be an only child-cat.

It's been a stressful week. I'll be glad when today is over.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Min. I am sorry for your loss but at the same time I am glad she went peacefully with no signs of pain. I am sure you will be fine at Bonnie's mother's funeral. I will keep you in my prayes for the singing and the loss of your beloved cat.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you! You'll sing beautifully.

And so sorry about little Min kitty. I cried when I read this. Hugs for you. Nice that she departed with you nearby, knowing how loved she was, and not stressed with medical stuff. Yes, peaceful.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Take care you!! Hope the singing went well! I can just picture you there singing your heart out!

Hope the rest of the week goes better! (hugs)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Geeze, what a week!!!!!

Don't worry, you could sound like nails on a chalkboard singing and no one will care. Think of all the funerals you've been to...do you remember what the singing was like? I don't!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Rough week. Prayers indeed.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes