Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Fiber Yummies from NH Sheep & Wool

Okay, this first one is a tease. It's not wool...it's soap! I don't even use soap, but this smelled so good I had to have it.

The "flavor" is Rosemary Lavender and it's made by Luscious Lathers.

I initially wandered into that booth looking at the roving. Today was all about the roving, but I think you'll find that abundantly clear soon enough.

The Fiber Fetish is where I located and later purchased a 4 oz. merino roving in the cranberry colorway. It is ever so soft and lovely. I expect great things from it.

It was funny. Sister and I went with my mother who is most decidedly not a knitter. Or a spinner, crocheter, or weaver. But she comes with us most cheerfully anyway. And by the time I picked out this skein of merino, she was making suggestions and understood why this was a deal at the price as compared to the stuff in the giant trash bags for half the price. "I would wear this next to my skin," she declared. Well done, grasshopper.

Speaking of trashbags full of roving, this was another of my purchases. It is an odd color mix of green and purple, but they had some spun up beside the roving and it is really very lovely. In this picture it looks like a muddy mess, but I have hopes for it to be sure.

I didn't get the name of the folks selling it, but they were so funny and cheerful. I really wanted to buy more from them just because I liked them so much.

And finally from The Fiber Studio I got this big old 4 oz. wad of a merino and silk blend. It is soft and shiny too and I am in love with it.

I got all this roving with not one clue what I'm going to make from the resulting yarn. It may just be that the project will come to me when the yarn is spun.

One place I wish I could have bought yarn from was Maple Creek Farm. She doesn't have her website up yet, but she's the woman I got the handdyed alpaca from last year that I made my big stole out of. I was looking forward to getting something this year, but by the time we got back to her booth, I didn't have enough money left to get so much as a single skein. But having felt all the yarns in her booth over and over again and knowing that each colorway is as pretty as the next, I'd feel quite confident ordering from her online. Her merino/silk blends were to die for. As were her merino/tencel sock yarns. Also quite nice. Makes me almost want to knit socks! But not quiiiiite.

We had a beautiful day for it. It's about 70 in the sun and there's a constant cool breeze a-blowin'. Not a cloud in the sky! Everyone seemed happy and was having a good time.

It was a nice day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

No rain like last year??

Nice roving you purchased there!

And no soap? Do you just roll around in the dust? Or do you lick yourself clean? ;-)

6:17 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Oh my! Nice fiber!

6:54 AM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

I went Saturday, and my pics should be up soon.

Was the 2-week-old piglet there on Sunday?

12:27 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I love that cranberry roving! I wish they had sumthin cool like Sheep & Wool here in Missouri. Well, they probably do.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes