Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Baby Hats!

I might just be hooked on making baby hats for charity. You can't eat one potato chip, and you can't knit just one hat, either.

I'm sending four hats off to Trillan42 today for her "Hats for Alex" campaign. If you pop over to the sidebar you'll see a new button that will take you to the blogs that will fill you in on the whole story. It is heartbreaking, so be forewarned. But it makes me all the more grateful that I can be home to raise my kids myself, and I am sending hats in thanksgiving for that. Well, and because I hate seeing babies without hats. Cover those heads, people! And because I like making the little hats. Instant gratification!

I designed my own pattern for one little cotton number that I call the "Butterfly Hat for Alex." I put the pattern in its own post and I'll put a link in my sidebar under "Free Patterns" so you can have it if you like. They're made from Knitpicks Shine Sport and the pattern for the butterfly stitch is from my luscious new Barbara Walker book.

I also made a couple of small preemie sized hats out of easy care acrylic. One is lace, one is ribbed. Nothing fancy. Those two are from Bernat Softee Baby. I could really use a model for such things. I've considered buying one of those "real baby" type dolls just to use as a model for baby things. It's cheaper than having a real baby, and they never grow.

The last pair of hats I made last night while watching TV, that's how easy they were. They're out of Encore Chunky and knit up really fast. I'm going to donate these last two to a local charity that makes up new baby bundles to give to at-risk babies and their mothers. They love getting handknits, so I'll give them the two more wintery hats, and I'm working on a wee baby sweater as well from that Bernat Softee Baby. They aren't kidding: it is really soft. Hence, the name I suppose.

I finished Monica for Bobo and I just have to get her to consent to model it for me and I'll let you see it. I keep saying that, I know. One of these days, I promise.

That's all the news that's fit to print. Not very exciting today, I'm afraid. Still coming down off my Sheep and Wool high!

4 Comments:

Blogger KrisW said...

Hey! We're practically neighbors! :) I came by to tell you that you won yarn from my blog contest..go to knottyknitterkris.blogspot.com and claim your goodies! My soon to be College Boy picked your entry.
Kris in Goffstown, NH

10:34 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Those are so cute! I can't take my eyes off the flowery ruffly one. They'll make someone somewhere really happy.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome job on those hats!! See I knew that book would be very useful!! *off to print the pattern!*

6:02 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Um, sweet little Alex, may he rest in peace, is under the Kootchies and Dongs. Is that wrong?
But good reminder, I have to put a button up for that as well. Lord knows my laundry hats for Alex are multiplying!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes