Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Can You Stand Two More?

Make that four more.

I made two more baby hats yesterday for Baby Threads. I brought all four of them to choir practice last night, but my contact with the org. wasn't there. Rats rizzo. I bet I can whip out a few more before the weekend, though.

In my own defense, these are a really fast knit. Really. It's bulky weight Encore, 75% acrylic, 25% wool. On size 9 needles. And these little ones are only 50 stitches around. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.


I was sure for a bit there that I was burned out on knitting. None of my projects were calling to me when last I posted, so I decided to spin for a bit and see what became of it.

Then I sat down in my chair and the Encore Chunky called to me again. Who am I to ignore the siren song of charity knitting?

So I whipped out two more of them.
But really, now I'm going to go do some spinning. I'll start with the rougher wool in the funky green color to get warmed up before attempting the more delightful merino and merino/silk lovelies.
Or I might make some more hats. Who knows?

3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh my god, I'm totally in love with that shagadelic blue and pink top hat one. You almost make me want to have another kid! Hmmmm...yeah well not when I have to remember where that head has to go before it can wear that hat!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Yes, we can! They're fabulous. Heck, I'd wear that blue and pink number myself.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Those are too cool. So non traditional. So cutting edge.
I can't wait to see what you spin with the fluff you bought from the festival.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes