Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Homespun Hero

Just a quickie to show you the hat I whipped up out of my KoolAid homespun! Emma quite enjoys it! So much so that she's hard pressed to take it off even to go to bed. Hence the whole nightgown/winter hat ensemble she's working in the pictures.


As for working with this yarn...let's just say it was more fun to spin and dye than it was to knit. I had to use size 13 needles to work with it, that's how chunky it came out. I got 2 sts to the inch with it. And you wouldn't believe how heavy it is! It weighs a ton. And I'm guessing it'll be warm.


I did a second hat but I keep looking at it and wondering if it wouldn't make a better felted bowl. I'll keep looking and thinking about that one.


I did a bunch more spinning too, but I didn't photograph it because they're the same three bobbins as my last post, only fuller. I actually have two bobbinfuls of the brown and I may try plying them soon.


But right now I don't feel like spinning or knitting.

Wow, that's a first.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee! She's still workin' the Hickey pose! That's a great hat. Mmm...so toasty!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

What a cute hat! No wonder Emma is having trouble taking it off, it makes her look even more adorable, if that's at all possible.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

That is a cool hat! Extra special because you made the yarn for it! She'll have a super warm hat now! :) Have a nice rest!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hat looks so cute on your little model! I love the color combination. The colors came out quite lovely.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

That has to feel so good! Knitting with your hand spun! I LOVE it. It puts Rowan Biggy print to shame. :)

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes