Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Last Yarn-making for Awhile

So, whenever I order from Sheep Shed Studios, along with the pound of fiber I order, they throw in a small bag of something extra. The first time I got some saffron-colored superwash roving. With the brown roving I got a bag of pure black and with the latest lagoon blue superwash I got some pretty red roving. I think it's superwash too.

Anyway, I did up these little bundles. The red is overspun but I did pretty good with the black. There's about 106 yds of the red and 70-something of the black. (I forget.)
They're drying on the porch and I think I'm going to knit them together into herringbone stranded fingerless mittens. That'll be cute, no?

But first, I have another special mitten order to fill. Eight different mittens to be received in AZ by 7/18. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Um, mittens? In Arizona?

4:43 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

haha. I didn't even think about the mittens to AZ.
The herringbone mitts sounds delicious. I really want them... will you be putting them up in your store? Available for purchase??? Hint?

11:19 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

That's what I was wondering too! ;)

Lovely colors there!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Those are 2 of my favorite colors! Beautiful yarn, I can't wait to see... mittens in AZ???

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes