Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

What's a Post Without Pictures?

Notice anything different about the Bug? She FINALLY lost that second front tooth! Now she can wish us "merry christhmath"! It's been literally hanging by a thread for a week now. She's like me with teeth. I hated pulling them myself. They would hang forever until they literally dropped out of the socket onto my tongue. I still find it ooky and don't like to watch her wiggling the loose ones.

She is currently wondering how on earth she is going to manage corn on the cob this summer.

Not to be outdone in the whole "having her picture taken" thing, Bobo has muscled in. Earl Hickey strikes again. She's a cheeseball and I love her.

Last night was of course casserole night at my mother's house. We had American chop suey. (Elbow macaroni with ground beef, onions, green peppers and stewed tomatoes, for the uninitiated. That's the way we eat it. There are as many recipes as stars in the sky, I'm sure, but that's the way we've always done it in my family.)

My mom dug out her pictures and I took the ones from my high school days for our Class Reunion Multimedia Extravaganza. Most of what she had (besides being pics of just me, and I have plenty of those) were pics of me and my boyfriend that I had all through HS. We started dating at the beginning of tenth grade and didn't break up until the summer after we graduated. Truth be told, I have plenty of those pictures too. Maybe I'll share some of those later on this week. Oh, the stories I could tell! And I'm going to, at the reunion.

Speaking of pictures....

Oh my GOD! Is that actual knitting? Why yes, I believe it is! That's a felted bowl from my own hand-dyed handspun. It's like rope. I felted it two days ago and it's still damp. But then I left it out on the porch last night and the dew hit it, and hit it hard. It's very moist here. I'll let it sit another day before washing it again. It's supposed to be dryer tomorrow and Friday after whatever front it is that's coming moves on through.
Here's what I'm working on today. I suppose the presence of the dpn's was a dead giveaway that it's In Progress. I think these will be whole mittens instead of mitts. I have plenty of this gold yarn. (Messie might recognize it!)
I also have three more felted bowls, two pair of mittens and two pair of fingerless mittens to show you, but I think I'll make you wait until tomorrow. Otherwise there'll be no pics for tomorrow and that would be bad.

Wanna see what I'm making next? It's a strawberry tea cosy from Magknits. I ordered some WOTA for it yesterday and we shall see. I've never attempted a tea cosy before. Or is it cozy? Or does it depend where you live? Sort of like how some English-speakers put a U in words where others leave it out. I dunno. Is cozy a feeling and cosy a something? And will it really keep my teapot warm and good to the last drop?

Show of hands: how many of you are thinking that I'm going to make the strawberry one, decide that I would write the pattern differently (read: better) and design my own line of fantastic tea clothing?

You may be right. I may be crazy.

You know the rest.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think without a doubt you will be designing your own tea cozies! I can't wait to see them.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

You'll be designing your own tea attire. Definitely.

That bowl is very pretty, and your kids are adorable, as always.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Um yeah, you? Knit something from a pattern? Ha ha!

Yeah we had to cut Chunky's corn off the cob while he had a tooth hanging by a thread. They will start to turn purple if you don't pull them out though. Guess who else was a tooth pulling chicken?

8:08 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I DO. :)
Yes, you will be turning a pumpkin into a coach... or a strawberry into an original poops creation...

I enjoy your handspun/felted bowl. It is very fun.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes