Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Dude, It's Like Christmas in July

First of all, the humidity of the past few days is GONE and it's about 70 degrees tops with nary a cloud in sight and nice, solid breeze. As they say at McDonald's...I'm lovin' it!

I just washed up four pair of mittens (two regular and two of the fingerless variety) and they're on their way to the porch to dry. Sweet! And the other reason it's like Christmas in July is because I sold three pair of mittens today! In July! To Louisiana! What are the odds?

Of course it depletes my supply for my upcoming craft shows, and my dad is hard at work building me some mitten trees this week. I guess I better get crackin' and make some more mittens to hang on the trees. Or Ern's going to be super-pissed.

First up, fingerless mittens with a horseshoe lace pattern in Plymouth Suri Alpaca. Ridiculously soft with an amazing drape.
Fingerless mittens with double moss diamond rib patterning in Ella Rae wool.My fuschia pink Peace Fleece mittens.Plain mittens from Cascade Pastaza. Also crazy soft with a nice drape. Three felted bowls, a bit bigger than the ones in my shop. Gotta make more little ones, too.I've been working hard on getting my Multimedia Extravaganza ready to go for our reunion, which is the first weekend of August so time is getting short there too. Sister taught me use Powerpoint last night and I'm totally hooked! I'm a bit of a Printshop whore as it is. I seriously love doing work with layout and design and the like. Combine that with my stamping/scrapbooking background and it all really makes sense when you think about it. I should probably pursue a career in that area once the kids are in school. And if I could figure out a job where I could just make Powerpoint presentations for a living, I'd be a happy camper indeed.

Sister is leaving tomorrow for a week and Mr. Poops and I are housesitting while he's gone. I should have ample time in the evenings to sit at her computer and with luck it'll be done by the time she's home.

And yet I still have mittens to knit. And some bags. I think felted bags will go really well in Canterbury.

So much to do, so little time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Wow, so many mittens, and they're all fabulous! Those have me wishing for crappy weather.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

How long does a mitt take you? 5 minutes? Do you just think about them and they materialize? YIKES. Fast, you are.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes