Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Flurry of FO's!

So Much Handwashing to Do

So, I finished up a bunch of stuff, and got it all washed and blocked today. It's the first day it has been both sunny and dry enough for such things. And I've been busy! Well, we did have those weeks of unending rain, followed by unrelenting heat and humidity. So it's not my fault.

So, to the photos...

Two chemo caps. Sadly, two friends have been recently diagnosed with cancer and these will come in handy, I'm thinking. The top one is of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino with a tassle rib border from Nicky Epstein's embellishments book.
The second is made from Rowan Calmer and is from the Head Huggers website. The third item in the picture is a cabled headband that used up a bunch of the Plymouth Yarns Suri Alpaca I had leftover from the teacher mittens.

In the next photo we have a couple of pair of "Red Hat Lady" slippers. The lady in my choir loved the pair I made her so much that she commissioned me to make some for all the gals in her Red Hat Lady group. Fifteen pair, to be exact. Two down, 13 to go. Don't worry, they knit up quick...and I'm getting paid.

The next picture is a couple of pumpkin hats and mitts and a raspberry hat with matching mitts. They're all from the Anne Norling pattern...give or take. I did change a few things here and there, and I made the mitts up on my own. No thumbs since they're in baby sizes. Newborn and 6 months to a year. I'm going to make some apples too.

The last pic is just a pair of toddler-sized socks made from a Knitpicks self-striping yarn. I forget what it's called though. So unlike me.

Tonight we had some steak tips on the grill and we all went out for ice cream at Sawyers Dairy Bar. If you ever find yourself in the Lakes Region of NH, you must have a cone at Sawyers. I had their new flavor, chocolate oreo, and it was to die for. Their chocolate is the best chocolate ice cream ever, in my opinion.

School is out and a long summer with both kids and no car is ahead of me. I really have to find the sprinkler. I know it's in the barn somewhere.

I'm also excited that I got into the Canterbury Fair as a vendor. I think I meant to do it last year but perhaps had another fair that day. I forget, exactly. But it should be a fun day, God knows I'll see tons of people I know--Canterbury is like that--and hopefully make gobs of money hand over fist. Yeah, I dream big.

Saturday is going to be a busy day. My cousin Ben's new restaurant is opening and we are going to be his taste testers. And later in the day, we're having a birthday party for my dad, who turns 65 tomorrow. His last day of work is Friday, and I couldn't be more excited.

And I have my next project picked out...Friend Bob (you remember Friend Bob) is an uncle again, for the bazillionth time, and his new niece Olivia Rose needs something precious and handmade. Like this. And I have an excuse to hit the yarn shop again. Well, I have to get just the right yarn! It's a gift!

Sheesh. Really.

6 Comments:

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

WOW! I'm almost inspired to pick up one of my UFO's and F it.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Lara 900 said...

vow! so much finished! and beautiful, too! Your work rocks!

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god, you're like a one-woman FO factory! I'm impressed. It all looks great!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do have a friendly blog ;). Love the pumpkin & raspberry hats... super cute!

11:56 AM  
Blogger veritas said...

fruit hat! fruit hat! fruit hat!

i saw someone walking down the street with a fruit hat! how i desire to make one! many! jollifications!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

You've been very productive! Such cute things, too!

Sorry to hear about your friends. We're dealing with cancer in these necks of the wood, too. Seems like everybody is struggling these days.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes