Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Metaphysical Kindergartener

Today, Mary's friend Rachael came for a play date. We went to the garden center and picked out some plants for the Bug's new garden. (It's the spot of lawn that died when the plastic sandbox lived there.)

So on the way, I asked them some questions in the car, just to see what they'd say.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Rach and Mary *overlapping* "Well, yeah. Of course it does. If it makes a sound once, it makes a sound all the time. Especially if it hits a rock."

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Mary: "It doesn't make a sound. You need two hands to clap." *waves one hand in the air*
Rach: "But you can slap your leg if you need a sound." *slaps leg*
Mary: "Good idea." *slaps leg*

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Rach: "Ten. Or maybe eleven. I'm guessing."
Mary: "Depends how big the angels are. Eleven if they're small."

So we got some topsoil and some plants and we planted just ahead of the thunderstorm. The garden needs some bark mulch to keep the weeds down, but that will have to be another day.

The girls planted impatiens, geraniums, daylilies, and petunias. And some sunflower seeds, but you can't see those. Yet. No, they didn't plant the irises!

Then we had cheese pizza and our playdate was over. Tomorrow it's at Rachael's house! Hurray for best friends!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pinkwool said...

Out of the mouths of babes. I always thought my angel was as big as I am. Shows what I know. :)

How fun they got to plant some flowers. I would like to to that but its just not possible with my big ol belly in the way right now. Next summer, I hope.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

The girls and their talk are adorable. What a beautiful new garden, too!

7:33 AM  
Blogger veritas said...

that is exquisite. the metaphysical kindergarteners are very wise.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes