Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mitten Mania


In an exercise in stashbusting, I've been working on making kid-sized mittens. Why kid-sized? Well, for starters, it's fast. I can whip out a pair in a couple of hours, if'n I don't get too fancy. Second, they're great for using up bits and pieces of yarn: they take smallish amounts and the color combinations can be freaky because kids don't care. Third, my kids are always unable to find a pair of mittens on any given day, so the more mittens, the merrier.
These to the left are actually a very vibrant pink, but washed out some in the photo. They've got a distinct "50's Diner" feel to them. So I called this pattern "Bobby's Girl", it being the name of a local diner.
The ones on the right are a light ash grey with
light brown and purple seed stitch accenting. I
bought the two balls of Light Lopi to help use up
the grey Nature Spun. So now I still have plenty of the Nature Spun, and two partial skeins of Lopi. I see a matching hat in the future.

Now, I've got a couple more pairs to show off, but for some reason my pictures are taking
F O R E V E R
to load tonight. And as it's already after midnight here, I'll show more tomorrow.

But for now, I'm pooped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes