Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Finally! Noro Bags In Da House!

I know, it's a weird and rare Saturday post. As Bezzie pointed out, a lack of Poops Posts can only mean blogstipation. Well, things must be better...is this blogarrhea? That's what you get from too much fiber, I suppose....

(Thank you, I'll be here all week. Be sure and tip your waiter...)

Speaking of FIBER, the long awaited Noro Bags are finally in the shop! Yay! I told you I'd make myself list them yesterday! (I also planned on listing three small sweaters, but the batteries in the camera went phhhhhhhtttt on me, so they'll wait until this afternoon. The sun will be out and I can go up to the barn and get my sweater stands to do it properly.)

Anyway, about those bags...here they are! I've been wanting to show them off properly for some time. I imagine y'all have been on the edge of your seats waiting to see them. Without further ado...

The first one I call "Twilight". It's got 11 inch handles so it can be worn as a shoulder bag if one wanted to, and it's lined with crushed velvet panne. My linings are usually very tailored, but I thought the velvet would look good shirred, so that's what I did. A bit more work, but the result is really neat. It looks like a teal velvet womb. (Now there's a selling point...)

The second one is called "Bambootiful". Get it? It's got bamboo handles. This one has a cotton lining that is more fitted, though I did make it a bit less tailored than some others. I haven't found so far that my uber-tailored linings were more prone to giving way at the seams, but I figured giving the lining a bit more "give" wouldn't be a bad thing.

Both of these bags are open topped. I have a couple more from my homespun that are closed at the top, but they still need some blocking and stuff. It's raining at the moment, but it's going to clear up later and be sunny and dry--perfect blocking weather! Maybe I'll be inspired to pick out linings and hardware later too! Wouldn't that be cool!

Finally, before I go on about my day, which in addition to blocking a couple of bags is going to involve fixing the toilet (whee!), I just wanted to say thanks for all your comments to yesterday's post. It helps me immensely to say this stuff "out loud", so thanks for listening. And elizabeth, you are so right about the rest of the steps. I've been feeling that it's time for me to move on to the 4th step and the personal inventory, but I feel I should have a sponsor before I get into it. But no one at my meeting is a sponsor and I haven't been to any other meetings yet. I prayed that when He feels it's time for me to have a sponsor that He'll put one in my way. I know I just have to keep seeking and listen carefully for His answers.

Patience, grasshopper.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

They're lovely! I have some Noro and I've been searching for a project; your bags have me inspired.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Wuhahahah...too much fiber! I love it! But I've always been a sucker for potty humor!

Nice bags--I love that crushed blue velvet lined one...purr!

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Poops, how I love thine womb and bamboo.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

You are so talented. :)

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes