Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Friday, September 07, 2007

I'm Flashing You Today!

Unfortunatement, some of the pics I took didn't come out, so you'll have to consider some of these a mere sneaky peek at what's to come.

First up, a couple of Noro bags for the shop. This is the first one. Alas, the only photo that came out is the one of the colors, and even that's not an accurate representation. I will have to take some better shots for etsy anyway, but at least you can see the colors. This one has bamboo handles and a green cotton lining with big, stylized polka dots in black, green, and pink. It's cute, trust me.
This next one is the second bag, and the only pic that came out is this one. The lining is actually teal, not as blue as it looks on my monitor. It's actually almost exactly the same color as the second stripe down on the bag, the turquoise one. Only that's less turquoise in real life. The lining is velvet panne and it's shirred at the top and bottom. The handles are twisted black satin cords.Next up is my latest yarn creation. I call it "Bermudaful". The roving is superwash and comes from Sheep Shed Studios. They call the color "Blue Lagoon", but the color reminded me more of the ocean off the coast of Bermuda and less of a topless Brooke Shields, so there you go.
It's worsted weight, and this skein is almost 240 yards. I have a pound of it, and if I don't get at least 1000 yards when I'm done, I'll eat my hat.

I made these Manly Fingerless Mittens for my cousin Cindy's boy Tyler. She liked a couple of pair I made for my booth, and her daughter Megan loves them and bought two pair, but the boy ones were too big for him, and the girl ones were too girly. So he got these as a custom order. It's Patons classic merino, I think. I got it at Joanns.
I'm still working on a baby sweater for another cousin, but I think I'll wait until it's blocked to photograph it. It's a cotton linen blend, and the lace work will look ever so much better blocked out. I also started another pair of fingerless mitts last night. They'll be for me, I think. And if the sun comes back out later, I'll try to get better photographs. The camera hasn't been cooperating lately, and I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll investigate and get back to you.

Other than that, I've been spinning some silk/merino that I think will be quite lovely at the end of the day. So lovely, in fact, that I'm already wishing I had more of it to spin. It's a very good thing.

I paid bills today, and for some reason that makes me feel light as a feather on the inside. I think because I didn't owe as much money as I thought I did.

Also a good thing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Gorgie bags--I like the silk cord handle idea! Very plush!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Wow, what a great idea! Silk cord and colorful bags, very classy. And so much less likely to leave fuzz all over black clothes, which is always a concern.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes