Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I Told You I've Been Knitting

I told you this week was all about the knitting, so you'll have to bear with me if my posts this week tend to be on the terse side. But I'll lead you off with a bunch of FO's!

From oldest to newest:

First up is the zip-back baby sweater. This was the first sweater I made in knitting class. It's Encore Worsted in sunshine yellow, although it looks green in the inadequate light and no flash. The pattern was a tenth-generation photocopy that the instructor gave me at the shop. This is planned for a charity donation. Oh, and the socks match.The next oldest FO is another baby tunic sweater, also destined as a charity donation. It's made with Caron Simply Soft Baby, and I knit it with one strand of pink and one of blue held together. This is the Knitting Pure and Simple Baby Tunic pattern.

The third FO is a small felted purse. For an idea of the size, the box that I'm blocking it on is about the size of a videocassette, just a bit bigger. I think I'm going to line and stiffen this one and put on some small black plastic handles. I'm not sure yet. It's my own pattern and it's made from odds and ends of wool.
And finally, just finished last night, is the sweater I made to try out TLC Cotton Plus. Love it! Easy on the hands to work with and came out of the washing machine like a champ. I'd have tried it in the dryer too but I wanted to block the lace front properly. It's a simple top-down raglan sweater in a size...I'm guessing 2T-4T or so. Somewhere in there. It's got a seed stitch collar and a ruffle at the bottom and on the cuffs, which you can't see. That lace pattern on the front is from the baby sweater at Jimmy Beans Wool that has the detachable front. I thought it was quite pretty. I waffled between several different lace inserts, but this one won.
Today I've cast on for yet another baby sweater to replace the one I sold last weekend. It's a pink wool hooded cardigan with baby cables down the front. Well, right now it's just a hood, and not a whole hood at that, so I'll have to get back to it.

TTFN!



3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

That baby dress is stunning! Don't you love that TLC cotton plus--you can hardly tell it's cotton! Kicks Cotton Ease's butt any day! ;-)

2:24 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Great work! I really love the baby dress!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Wow, you weren't kidding! Every single one of them is gorgeous, and your productivity makes me feel downright embarrassed. You're a veritable FO machine!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes