Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Break on Through to the Other Side



The other side of Easter, that is. Christ is risen, the Bunny has come and gone, and all is right with the world. Here are the girls in their hand-knit Easter finery. As usual, Emma is her cheerful toddler self and was having none of it. Still, the jumpers are cute, no?

Now, in my opinion, we the St. Joseph's Choir, knocked ourselves out this weekend. The Easter Vigil ran FOUR HOURS and we sang and sang and sang! I was practically comatose on Sunday. Fr. Albert came by around 7 Easter night with some candy for the girls, and he looked ready to drop. He is amazing, and where he gets the energy to get through a weekend like Easter, I can't even fathom. He did mention that for next year's Vigil we should "kick back and order some pizzas." I think roving vendors like at a ballgame would be a good idea. ICE cold BEER! SPORTS Bars! He'd pack the pews, Itellyouwhat.

So we had dinner and an egg hunt next door at Sister's house, a big ole ham, macaroni and cheese, baked beans....oh, all so good! And candy. Mmmmmm......

Emma napped in the afternoon, and then we went to my in-laws for dessert and coffee. They had a birthday cake and cards for me and we were home by 7 or so. We got some toast and cereal in the girls and I stayed up and got sucked into the God and the Girl program.

So, I was looking forward to it, and I found it interesting. So far after two episodes I think two are going to be priests and two aren't, and I'm not convinced any of them are mature enough to be priests, but then I could be wrong. Episodes 3 and 4 are on tonight, and I should have some more insight then.

And as for knitting, I'm working on a cotton blend sweater for Mary. It's salmon pink, but I find the cotton hard on my hands when I knit. So I'm also working on a wool shawl for myself, which I'm already not sure I'm going to like, so it may be either a gift, or go up for sale. I'll have to wait and see. It's still early, and the jury is still out. But it's half alpaca and half merino and lovely to work with when I need a break from the unyielding cotton. (Aargh!)

I guess the pics I just took will have to wait for another time to be posted since they don't seem to want to go right now. Frustrating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes