Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Old Home Day

I had a booth at Belmont Old Home Day this year.

See, every year the St. Joseph's Altar and Rosary Society has a bake sale and craft fair, and I happened to mention my experience at the Canterbury Fair to Fr. Albert and he put me on the fast track to a table of my own at the church fair.

Bottom line: I did great! I cleared 75 bucks, which isn't bad at all for a fair as small as that one was. And I'm on "the clipboard" for a table at the annual Holiday Fair in November. (Is it ironic at all that a Catholic church has a "holiday" fair and not a "Christmas" fair? Or just odd?)

And having discovered that the Altar and Rosary Society wasn't at all what we thought it was (less holy roller and more social organization), Sister and I are going down to the church for the monthly meeting tonight. They need some younger blood in there, and we have some ideas for making the OHD craft fair a big moneymaker for the food pantry. And perhaps play a little cribbage too, who knows?

So the big sellers were the Fuggles, cotton dishcloths and cotton mesh market bags. Who knew? Well, the Fuggles were popular in Canterbury, so I saw that coming, no big surprise there. I was surprised that the stupid cotton dishcloths (that take little time or skill to make) sold that quickly, and that I sold some market bags. And I got rid of a bunch of my "clearance" cards that I marked down because they were some of my earliest rubber stamping efforts and not really very pretty.

I am astounded that for as much attention as they get, no one has bought any of the can covers or coffee cozees that I made. They're only a buck to a buck fifty each. Why don't they sell? I might have to make a bigger sign. Mark my words, they shall be heavily merchandised at the next fair! I WILL sell some of those bad boys!

My next fair is September 9th and then the Holiday fair in November, and that should about do it for this year. I haven't had an idea yet for a single Christmas present, though I do have another baby gift to make in the next month.

I'm taking suggestions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job on your craft fair! As for suggestions are they for the fair or the presents? LMK...I have a few! :)

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes