Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Get in the Car, Muthah, We're Goin' to the Fayah.

This is my booth at the Canterbury Fair. The weather yesterday? 92 degrees and humid. Still, I did sell some knit things, a couple of wall hangings, and a whole bunch of handmade cards. It was a good haul.

Sister is manning the booth, trying to stay cool.








These are the Fuggles Hats on display. I sold three of them. They were quite popular. Had it been a mite cooler, I probably could have unloaded more of them.
























Two rows of Sudz Soakers and a loaf pan full of Coffee Cozees. I sold two Soakerz and one Cozee. Go figure. I thought they'd be a hit. I also sold two pair of mittens and three baby hats. If I had made more toddler sizes I'd have sold at least three more. Good to know.







Vegan Market Bags. I thought these would sell in a crunchy granola town like Canterbury, but no takers. I wanted to put on the tag "Vegan Market Bags, 100% Canadian cotton. No Canadians were harmed in the making of these bags." But I find some (not all) vegans lack a sense of humor, and I didn't wish to offend. Well, I didn't wish to hurt sales.























My quilted hangings. They are primitives with sayings on them. I sold two of them yesterday, so not too bad. They're not big movers. Oh, and I did sell a pillowcase with a crocheted edging. And they got a lot of notice yesterday too, which was promising.







I'd do this fair again. There's money to be made in Canterbury, only the heat was working against everyone, I think. We had the coolest spot in the place, and we were right beside the chicken barbeque and the frappe stand.

I have another fair in September and the church fair in November and that should just about do it, unless something else promising comes up in the meantime.

At the end of the day I walked away with enough cash in my pocket to keep me in yarn for a few more months.

Whee!

10 Comments:

Blogger MBT said...

Your booth looks lovely, but in my many years of experience selling vintage rags at antiques fairs, you can't sell much of ANYTHING in that kind of heat!

Good for you for getting through it happily.

12:28 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Looks like a great booth. I only tried setting up a booth once. It made some money, but I was more interested in looking around!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an overwellming desire to tell you its a milkshake and not a frapp.


Plus I love the mesh bag, so this nature crunchy person is going to have to make herself one

-grape

2:05 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh that November one will clean you out. Yarn'll get noticed then. Plus Christmas right around the corner. Very cool. I'm surprised your sudz soakers and cofee cozees didn't go over better. Mine certainly get noticed here at work.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

Up here, a frappe has ice cream, milk, and syrup and a milkshake is just milk and syrup. Two totally different animals! But both delicious!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Ohhhhh I would kill for a frappe right now!!!! Waaaa! I wanna go home to Maine!!

ok..um..er..Awesome booth there, you have some really great items! I bet the next few will do better! I've done a few craft fairs with sewn stuff, and some days good, some not..Good for you though YARN $$$ :)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

GO YOU!!! Your booth looks great!

Hang on - in order to get a milkshake in Maine I'd have to ask for a frappe? Is it pronounced frap-PAY?

9:47 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Nope. It's one syllable: frap.

We add the extra two letters because we are pretentious.

2:59 PM  
Blogger OLPP said...

my brother is a vegan and very definitely has no sense of humor. love him like mad, no sense of humor.

i'd have bought one, though! the bags are lovely.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depends on the shop. The place we always go in Rumney has ice cream in both, but a frapp is thicker, but the place in Plymoth has no ice cream in a milshake. My boyfriend is from Eastern Mass. So this is a frequent argument of ours :)

-grape

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes