Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Almost Cut My Hair

I have that song running through my head, though it's not completely accurate.
This is what I looked like before I popped into Hair Excitement on Tuesday afternoon. (Please note that this is as good as it got with plenty of product and time to style.)
This is what I looked like yesterday at the beach, one day into my new haircut! It's so much cooler now! And yes, I forgot to put on sunscreen. So you see, I didn't almost cut my hair. I actually did cut my hair.
We spent Wednesday at York Beach. You remember York Beach. My sister and her husband have a place for the week at Long Sands. This is the view from their balcony. Hello, Atlantic ocean! They went to the ocean for the week as a birthday giftie to Sister.
I took a picture of her with her gift from us, the One Skein book that she was admiring, but I hit a backspace button in error and now Blogger will not let me upload it again. Have I mentioned that I think I hate Blogger just for reasons like this? So, sorry Sister that your pic didn't make the blog. The link was the best I could do. Effing Blogger. Oh, and we also gave her a pin with a sheep on it made in the Ukranian art of pysanky, which I have done on eggs but would never have thought of making said eggs into pins. I had to get it.
We got to the beach in the morning and headed right out to York's Wild Kingdom, a combination zoo and amusment park aimed at the under 12 set. The kids had a great time. Turns out Emma loves rides...she's a Danger Mouse just like her sister! The faster and higher the better! She rode the merry go round and kept yelling "faster! faster!"
After the park and a quick bite of pizza for lunch, we went back to the hotel to swim in Tanta's pool. Now, we could spit on the ocean it's so close, why not go swim in the ocean? Have you ever tried to swim in Maine? The water is so cold it feels like knives stabbing at you. The pool was lovely and we cooled off in no time. Emma also likes the water, go figure.
After a dip and putting on dry clothes, it was time to head back home. We stopped at The Goldenrod for some candy before heading out. Here are Larry T. and the girls in front of the taffy pulling machine. The peanut butter kisses are to die for and we brought a box home for Grandpa Ernee cause they're his favorite.
We had a very fun day at the beach. Even if we never exactly went to the beach itself. No matter.
In other local news, the heat wave has finally broken! For four or five days, ending on Wednesday, it was HOT and HUMID here. The kind of weather where you just have to sit and not move lest you break out in a full-body sweat. The kind of weather where you eat out...a lot. The kind of weather where you just want to kill yourself.
But it finally broke. Today we are enjoying some lovely Canadian air, and it is currently 9 in the morning, 65 degrees and not a lick of humidity or a cloud in the sky. Just perfect. As soon as the dew burns off, we're going to play outside.
I have to go figure out a project to make! I haven't made anything except for a tiny gift bag to wrap sister's pin in since Monday! I'm on my second knit-free day. And I've got the DT's.
I made a cotton hat over the weekend. It's cute. I put it in FO's, so go click over there if you like.
I also washed and blocked all my Sudz Soakerz and Coffee Cozees for the Canterbury fair. I meant to take a pic of them out there in the sun, but I'll be sure to document them all set up in my booth that day. I just hope the fairgoers are feeling like big spenders!
Now I have to go pick a new project. I might make some more slippers. Four pair down, eleven to go.

3 Comments:

Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Your hair looks great!

I have fond memories of York Beach and Animal Kingdom from my childhood. We also used to go to Benson's Animal Farm, but I don't remember where that is.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

I remember Benson's from when I was kid too. It closed back in 1987, but it was in Hudson NH.

10:06 AM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Pysanky is really just Batik (interesting how totally different cultures can come up with similar ideas.) Man, I haven't done that in years!! Brings back memories. Maybe this easter I should make some knitting themed pysanky.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes