Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I Booked Another Fair!

I'm doing another craft fair in Canterbury. This one is a holiday fair to benefit the Ladies Benevolent Society. Yay! I do love me a craft fair, and this one is close to home, cheap to get into, and considering how poorly things are selling on etsy, a welcome addition to my roster.


So I'm booked for October 10 and November 10 and that should be it for the year.


I did make a hundred bucks cantoring a funeral this morning. Every little bit helps. Too bad someone has to die for me to get paid though, huh?


I've not been knitting much. I don't really know what I've been doing, but not much in the way of knitting. I don't know why, either. The weather finally got cool again! Not much spinning either, but what the heck.


I did make two pair of Bob Cratchits. The first pair is out of yarn that my secret pal sent me in my last goody box. Knitpicks WOTA, and I really thought the colors looked great together when they were sitting side by each, but when I started the colorwork I realized that there wasn't as much contrast as I thought so the pattern doesn't really pop. No big deal. They're for me and I like them quite a lot.


I could have used them in church this morning. It was FREEZING in there.


The second pair has an interesting story with it. The yarn I used is actually one ply of a weirdly plyed yarn I got at NHSWF last year. It looked like pink Berroco Chinchilla that had been loosely plyed with a handdyed raw silk single. I really liked the silk part quite a lot, so I carefully un-plyed the yarn and knit these mitts. And I'm using the chinchilla to make baby hats.
It's all good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice mitts. I haven't been knitting much either. A lot has been going on with the wedding and all this weekend. I hope to get back to knitting no later than the weekend after the wedding. I have lots of hopes to knit some things for our Missionary in Russia.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I assume you pimp the etsy store at the fairs right? So when people need a Poops fix in between fairs they know how to get to you right? I wish I knew a magical way to help you pimp your wares even more!

It's been chilly in the morning and I've been wearing my Little Poops On the Prairie mitts to drive! Love them!!!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's another goody box being assembled for you now! :)

Love the mitts.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

You are so innovative, taking yarn apart to make new yarn.
Is that what innovative means? I am not all there sometimes. Well, most of the time.
Not much knittin for me either.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes