Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Friday, February 27, 2009

More Stitchin', Less Bitchin'

First up, green and black mittens. The green is a tad less vibrant than that in real life, but the flash sort of punched it up into a more "dragon-y" color than it really is. It's Knitpicks Telemark in mountain green and black.

My first attempt at convertible, or flip-top mittens. I found a lot of patterns that are a mitten that opens to fingerless gloves, not fingerless mittens. So I figured "how hard can it be" and made these. It's my own basic mitten pattern that I made a flip-top for. These are Patons classic merino in faded denim. These definitely look better on. They're a bit small for me, though. I made the second pair bigger.

I also added a cable and reworked the way the top flips. And added a bigger button. Still Patons CM, but in red this time.

But the second one is chilling for now. I just finished up the second of another pair of Norsk mittens (to be photographed in the daylight) and I'm working on a couple of baby sets for a cousin of DH's who is expecting twins. I'm using Lion Brand Cotton Ease and I'm lukewarm about it. I like TLC's Cotton Plus better, I think. That's what I went in the store for but they didn't have it, so I got what I got. They'll be cute anyway, lesson learned.

And DH's brother and SIL are coming up with their two boys, and she and the boys will be here for most of March so I think I'll make them some hats and mittens out of the stash. I haven't designed them yet, but I've got a few ideas scratching around in me brains.

And while I'm showing off stuff I made, today my Bobo girl is FIVE years old! Happy Birthday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

Cute mittens! I love the green and black ones.

And happy birthday, Miss Cutie-Pie Bobo!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday to Bobo! Five years! You rock.

Great mittens Poops! I tried to send you a customer for hand made mittens, but he told me he had a friend's mother lined up to knit for him.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy Belated Birthday Bobo!

And those mittens are wonderful!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes