Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, March 02, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside

And it's not all that warm in here, either.

We ran out of pellets for the stove and even with the furnace running all the time it barely gets above 65 in here. Not that the thermostat is ever set any higher than that, mind you. Tough times call for tough measures.

If your hands are cold, put on some mittens. It'll be spring soon.

These are out of Knitpicks Telemark in drift and...whatever color they call "navy". I have neither the ball band nor the catalog handy to look it up at the moment. It's dark blue. Whatever.

When I made my new mittens with the embroidery inserts--did I show you these? I don't think so. Here they are (Telemark drift and skyline)...

Someone on the Knittyboard suggested I write up the pattern with maybe a button type of adaptation for those who don't embroider. Good idea, and here's the adaptation. I used some dark red handmade ceramic buttons I picked up at Patternworks. I didn't know what I was going to do with them until I made the mittens, and then I knew. I still have some round ones that are similar that aren't yet earmarked for a project.

Speaking of new projects, I'm working on two new baby sweaters for DH's cousin who is expecting twins. I think I mentioned this already. Out of Lion Brand Cotton Ease? Either I'm having deja vu, or you already know this.

They're mighty cute so far.

I forgot to tell you that the IRS broke my washing machine. I swear to you, the day my refund was deposited in the account, the washer decided to go tits up. So we dropped some coin on a brand new Kenmore (the old one is, by my best estimate, 25 years old if it's a day). It will be here Monday the 9th.

Yay for new appliances! Boo for having to spend money on them!

Not much else is going on up here. Last week was school vacation, and today was supposed to be the first day back, only we're having a snowstorm instead, with a foot of snow predicted. If the way the Fed-Ex truck handled as it drove up the street a minute ago is any indication, it's pretty slick out there. Sadly, the girls seem to have no interest in going out to play in it. They're all nursing colds.

Bug's had one all week. Bobo caught hers sometime during the week and yesterday they gave it to Dave. He's been the worst of the three. His nose doesn't ever run. You can't suck anything out of it. It all goes down the back of his throat to his lungs and makes him cough. He had a temp most of yesterday that Tylenol wasn't touching. A dose of Motrin made him right as the mail, though, and he's been taking that today and his fever is down. We shall see. He's napping right now, and if it's up when he wakes up, I'll call. I hate to drag all three kids out in the snow if it's not life-threatening or causing him any grief. He's warm, but in an uncharacteristically good mood this morning. So who knows?

At least no one's puking. Knock wood.

We might not have choir practice tonight if the snow keeps up. I hope it's not cancelled. I do so like to get out on Monday night and I freaking LOVE to sing. Plus, there's snacks. *sigh* But even if it's not cancelled, no one will come because of the storm so it'll be a waste of time anyway. Sucky. I'm going to 6:00 mass tonight anyway. It's something I do during Lent every year. I'd like to go to daily mass but there's no way I could do it. Twice a week will have to do for now. Someday, though, someday...

I think I shall RSVP for that baby shower now. While I'm looking at the invitation and before I forget.

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Ooooh... that embroidery is impressive!


I was going to say I hope your babies feel better, and then I saw my word verification...


healy.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love the mittens!

Nothing worse than a sick baby, though. Hang in there: spring really will come.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes