Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Photo Trauma. Ugh.


So I've been trying all day to upload these pictures to show my WIP's. But I've been "whipped" in the effort...bah hah hah hah! To the right is the bottom of the back of a summer sweater for MK, it's Classic Elite Premiere, 50% pima cotton, 50% tencel. The finished sweater is going to be sleeveless with a mock turtleneck. The cotton is super soft, but has no give when you knit with it, so it makes my hands realllllllly, reaaaaallllllllyyyyyy tired.


To the left is my "relief" project. It's called the "Thanksgiving Shawl" and it's a garter stitched triangle with a pretty lace trim to be added later. I'm making it with Artful Yarns Jazz which is 50% alpaca and 50% wool. It's soft and thick and should make for a very warm shawl. Only I think I'd like this better if it were anything other than garter stitch, which I'm not crazy about, and I think I'd like a lighter weight wool too. So I may knit another one and use a different pattern stitch (like moss or something) and splurge on something lighter and luxurious like alpaca. We shall see. It's a very relaxing project to work on. Not much thinking involved, and the combination of the wool on my Addi's takes the stress off my hands! It's hard to see in this pic, but Jazz is a varigated yarn with brown, olive, and terra cotta in it. Sometimes I think it's pretty, other times....not so much.

Oh, and you should see the yarns MK picked out for a poncho. Honestly, it'll make you gag. Fire engine red and flourescent pink. I'll save that discussion for next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger KnittingJones said...

I love the shawl! I find shawl knitting to be the perfect relaxation knit, and when it's big enough you can start to wrap up in it, too.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes