Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Get a cup of coffee, I'll wait.

I've been a bit behind in posting, so hold onto your hats. There's a lot of stuff to get through. Let's get the knitting stuff out of the way first, shall we?

I made six more Fuggles hats in biggish sizes since they were soooooo popular at the crafts fairs. I get a lot of "they're so soft!" comments, and I refrain from pointing out that they're Cheapass Acrylic that won't do dick towards keeping your kids ears warm like nice wool ones will...hey, a buck's a buck. And these babies are 100% pure profit. Is this a great country or what?

I'm back with the wool now though and I invented a very cute beehive hat that I will post as soon as it is done. I have to sew the bee buttons on first. I'm using up some "Pumpkin" colored Wool of the Andes from Knitpicks, which is not so much pumpkin-colored as it is pumpkin pie-colored and not at all what I wanted for pumpkin hats. And my color clarity on this monitor must suck because it sure looked orange to me when I ordered it. So, problem solved. Makes a great beehive.

Now, in other big news, the Bug has learned to ride her bike without training wheels. (And a helmet, get off my ass. We went out and got her a new one shortly after this pic is taken. I'm going to get her a sticker at the fair to put on it that reads "Helmet Laws Suck.") She also has a loose tooth in the front, and I've informed her of the tooth fairy's new policy of leaving gifts instead of cash for baby teeth. Since the kid has no concept of monetary value. But gifties? Oh, she's all over those!

As we speak she is on her first "vacation" away from the family unit. She went to Northern Maine with her best friend and her family from Monday through Friday. She's having a great time and not homesick at all. She sobbed her eyes out for an hour the night before she was supposed to leave because she was going to miss us, so I called and said she didn't want to go. But we left it open-ended and she said she'd call at 7:30 in the morning to see if Bug had changed her mind.

So I go in at 7 and sit down on her bed. Her eyes flip open and I swear her first words were "I changed my mind, I want to go." I asked if she was sure. "I'm sure. It's going to be fun and I don't want to miss it." That's my Buggy Girl. She left without a backward glance, and calls home at bedtime to say goodnight, and that's about it. So far, so good. But I'll be glad when she's home. Don't tell anyone, but I miss her.

Now, I told you about Old Home Day and my table at the craft and bake sale and all that. Well, all day long the ladies of the Altar and Rosary Society kept asking Sister and I to come to the meeting on Thursday and join up, it was lots of fun, blah blah blah. And we had been looking for ways to get more involved in church and community, so we figured, What the Hell.

You are now looking at the newest card-carrying (literally) member of the St. Joseph's Altar and Rosary Society. Well, me and Sister are the two newest. I have a card to prove it. And somehow I'm involved in heading up a membership drive type thing for the spring to lure in some younger members. My first order of business is to design the invitation. I'm thinking my theme is going to be "Not Your Memere's Altar and Rosary Society!" That'll haul 'em in in droves.

I'm a Church Lady. Hee hee hee.

School starts a week from today and I have done zero, zip, zilch, nada for shopping. Luckily she didn't grow much over the summer. I figure new underwear, socks, some clean shirts and a few pair of pants, some sneakers, a backpack and a lunchbox ought to cover it. She's still fitting into a lot of her school clothes from last year. Thank God for that.

The Bo alternates between charming me silly and making me want to slap her silly. But such is life when you live it with a two-year-old. Her speech has improved a lot over the summer. She says "holy shit" and "summummabitch" clear as a bell. I can't imagine where she's picking that up from.

I also wanted to link to this page here so that if you wanted to, for any reason at all, or none at all, make a nice donation to the Making Strides for Breast Cancer walk. Won't you help us support the boobies?

And in my final bit of exciting news, guess where I'm going on September 1st? I'm going to Hampton Beach to see KATHY GRIFFIN! I'm so excited! I am going to have to buy some more Depends before the show because she makes me PEE! And that's without a two-drink minimum.

I think that's all the news from this week. I'm going to go finish up a beehive so's I can show it off. Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Cutest hats! Have fun on your little excursion!! :)

6:42 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

Those hats are soooo cute. They look like fun to knit. I'm in the same boat as you are in the school shopping.

OMG Kathy Griffin is coming to Hampton Beach!!! I gotta try to get tickets. She is HILARIOUS!!!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Heh heh heh - suck 'em in with the soft acrylic hats then when the weather gets friggin' cold sell them the wool. Hee hee hee.

Can't wait to see the beehive! Sounds fun! Like the one in Stitch 'n Bitch.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes