Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I May Have Wet 'Em

Yes, I saw Kathy Griffin live on Friday night! She was HILARIOUS. Just like her filmed stand-up specials, but she makes the audience feel like the show was personal and just for us. I took some pictures, if only to give you an idea of how far away we were from the stage. For some reason, Aunt Bunny felt the need to be the first one out the door, which we practically were, and the farthest away from the stage possible. Which we absolutely were. In the top pic, she is the small pinkish/purple dot in the middle of all the blackness. There is NO ONE behind me. Just the doors.

In the second picture, you can see it's a person. I'll have to ask that you trust me that it's her.

Anyway, the pics are dark and blurry, but they're her.

She played the Hampton Ballroom in Hampton Beach. Have any of you ever been there? Hampton Beach is a giant shithole. Seriously. D-List indeed. Kathy must have thought she'd been demoted to the H-List or so. I sure did. If there has ever been more white trash in one place at one time outside of a NASCAR event, I have yet to see it. Though I will say that the beach itself is quite nice, it's the other side of the street where the shops and arcades and tourist crapola reside that makes the whole place so craptastic.

Rumor has it that it's lined up for a townwide renewal project of some sort. An upgrade if you will.

Luckily, the show was so good it made up for the seedy surroundings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes