Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Love a Good Blog Contest

Case in point: Yorkie's Caption Contest. Usually, I'm not very good at these things. I read what other people write and figure I can never think of anything that clever, so I just don't even try. But the one day I'm feeling particularly sharp I give it a shot, and guess what? I'm in a caption shoot-out with PennyKarma! We're competing for...I'm not even sure what we're competing for. I have no idea what the prize is!

Moments like this make me understand how Debra Messing felt when she heard the Emmy nominations this year. Yeah, maybe you did the best work of your life in The Starter Wife, but you're up against Helen Fucking Mirren, for God's sake! It's where the phrase "It's an honor just to be nominated" came from.

I don't believe I can out-snark The Great PennyKarma. She could beat me with her power panties tied behind her back. She's my Helen Mirren. But hell, it's an honor just to be nominated.

So last night I had my teacher meeting for Religious Ed. Or as we called it in the day, CCD. I have five kids in my class, and I already know one of them, so that made me happy. I think it'll be a good year, Tater.

This was in my teacher packet. I liked it a lot. I thought I'd share it as a Thought For the Day.

Enjoy.

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish motives; be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway.

What you spent years building, someone could destroy overnight; build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; give the world the best you have anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway.

(Written on the wall of Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta. I bet she never won a Caption Contest...)

4 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm so far behind in my blogreading...did I miss a snark a thon?

Yorkie's Caption contest was a hoot though.

2:02 PM  
Blogger ChestyLove said...

I'm actually VERY impressed with the level you two have taken this to, to be honest. Although I think I made matters worse by hosting it at all...shoulda just sent both your arses something. *sigh*

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dearest Secret Pal,

You will receive a package sometime next week!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I love you, Poops.

- Helen Fucking Mirren

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes