Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sleepy Little Milk Pig

Mama's little piglet. He was eating happily here, when I took the bottle away so I could take a picture of him while he's awake. He's about to protest mightily, but I snapped him while he still had that "What the hell?" look on his face. He's very concerned he might not get anymore. But he did. He doesn't have a milk mustache but has the baby equivalent. Cute! What's cuter than a milk coma?
When he grins to himself in his sleep, that's what.
All is well here, though I'll be kind of glad when school starts again. The mantra in my house is now "I have three kids and two hands. You do the math."

As I sit here, the two girls are playing in the living room while Dave dozes in and out in his swing. The constant cries of "GET OFF ME!" and "EMMA! NO!" are getting on my last nerve and it's only 9 in the morning. Add to that Dave's whining and squawking every time they wake him up, and you get some idea of my day.

Well, at least it's not as hot here today. It's been hot and humid for the last three days and it finally broke. I suppose we could have put the AC in, but since our water bill went up 60%, our electric is going up 5%, gas is $4 a gallon and I just got a $937 dollar oil bill, I think we'll just sweat.

I've given thought to closing off the upstairs of the house this winter and living in the three downstairs rooms. Serious thought. As it is, I will probably have to go back to work part-time in the evenings to try to keep ahead of the oil bills. Not until Dave's sleeping through the night, though.

I wish, as usual, that I had something interesting to talk about. We really haven't done much lately. Gee, I wonder why!

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

You've been doing one very big, very interesting thing, that's why! When I feel like I have no time or energy left for creativity, I remember that making humans is a huge creative endeavor. Hang in there. I, too, long for school.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

He's so cute. Yes, you should keep him.

9:11 PM  
Blogger ChestyLove said...

Max used to get the Milk Haze too, and he always looked so stoned. Some of the funniest pics we have of him as a baby were when he was completely glazed over.

Then ya burp em and they deflate about three inches in all directions...what's the point of having little ones if you can't get some amusement from them?

11:25 AM  
Blogger Ceci said...

Ohhh, Miss Poops! He's soooo cute! It has been too long since I peeked in on your blog, obviously. I love the smiling-in-his-sleep picture. Just melts me. :)

You sound exhausted -- here's hoping school comes faster than ever this year. Maybe you can sneak in some naps with Dave? (Dave Thomas... I hadn't even thought about the Wendy's guy til you mentioned it, so it's your fault it makes me snort.)

Brent's 3rd birthday is tomorrow (can you believe it?) so we're having his first real party, with balloons and everything. I can't wait to see his face. :) I'm 35 wks along with his lil sis so grandmas are coming to help with things. I'll take pictures. Wish me luck!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Oh, Poops, I love him!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes