Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Another Screw Loose

Actually, another screw is gone. You know the sliding shelf thing that holds they keyboard on a computer desk? Well, mine loses screws from time to time. At any given time I'm missing at least one. Which is not a problem. But when there's only two, then there's issues. And that's where I am this morning.

Someone was sitting here when that screw let go, but rather than find it on the floor and pick it up (and God forbid screw it back in), they just slid the keyboard back and walked away. And it wasn't me. It's never me, but guess who has to put the screws back? Yeah, you guessed it.

I am the only one who can fix anything in my house, and I'm kind of sick of it, to tell you the truth. Particularly when it seems like something is always broken.

At least the weekend was pretty cool.

The concert Friday night was excellent. The concerts are interesting in that the program has the refrains (and occasionally the whole song) in it, and we are encouraged to sing along. As the concert is held in a church and the music was written especially for liturgy, it stands to reason that the great unwashed masses should be able to sing along. And we did, with great gusto. The ride down and back was great fun in the big van, and it was good to see Lori again and meet David. I was able to put in my request for a few more verses of "I Know My Redeemer Lives". (We sing it a lot at the end of funerals--it's a popular choice--but there' s only two verses, so we wind up repeating them ad nauseum until everyone is out of the church.) I'm sure he'll get right on it.

Anyway, I got back really late Friday night and left at 7:30 the next morning for Webs. I got a nice bit of stash enhancement to play with. I don't think we'll do the tent sale again, though. To be honest, neither sister nor I ever need a whole bag of one yarn at a time. So we could go down at any time during the anniversary sale and just avoid the crush of people. Most everyone was really nice and patient, though. And it got really hot in there. A/C would have been nice.

So, what did I buy? Well, I got 5 skeins of the Valley Yarns Northampton, a nice basic wool, in navy heather, teal heather, chocolate brown, black, and cranberry.

I got 6 skeins of their closeout yarn called "Poems". It's a single-ply variegated yarn that looked interesting to me.

I got three skeins of Plymouth Yarns Baby Alpaca. God, this stuff is soft. Delicious.

And one random skein of Cascade Jewel in the purplest purple I've ever seen. I have no idea what to do with this, but I couldn't take my eyes off of it. It's just awesome. The picture doesn't do it justice. Pour yourself a glass of Welch's Concord Grape juice, and set it in a window so the sun shines through it. That's pretty close.

So, not a bad haul, particularly when you combine it with the Malabrigo from my secret pal qdgirl and the birthday gift certificate to Knitpicks from Sister. My stash is robust again! So much yarn, so little time!

2 Comments:

Blogger ChestyLove said...

"Poems" looks LOVERLY.

Good use of Welche's Grape Juice. Now I've got a craving for it. And I want to spill it on my white sofa and deny it happened.

Oh, and the screws? that was me. *mwah*!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I think I gave a skein of that color of Cascade Jewel away for K.A.Y.E. last year....I bought it for the same reason--so pretty!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes