Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gifts Galore!

I'm doing a secret pal swap on the Knittyboard; this one is for Knittymamas.

I don't know who my SP is yet, but she sent me a lovely box of goodies this week. Each of the kids got a new book, and they were perfect choices. The Trumpet of the Swan for the Bug, Bobo got a cool book that's hard to explain but it's like paper dolls only with cloth and you don't have to cut anything out. Both girls get a kick out of that one. And Dave got a squishy bath book to drool on and bang on the floor with delight.

But the best was for me. I got two Lindt chocolate bars which I did my best not to scoff down before opening the rest of the package...PMS can be an ugly thing, my friends. They were timely, and hey, chocolate is medicine in my book.

And I got two gorgeous skeins of Mmmmmmalabrigo yarn in a grapey purple shade. They are so pretty. I vow they will become something for me, though I'm not sure what yet. Not that it matters. I'm going to pet them like a lap dog for awhile anyway. I love the way it feels in the skein, and then it knits up so bouncy and beautiful and soft...I think it's my favorite yarn.

I will let it speak to me for awhile and tell me what it wants to become.

I planned on taking a picture of it to show y'all, but I had chocolate all over my fingers...

So to distract you, LOOK!

(I know it's sideways. Tip your head.)

This is my nod to green living. I call it the "It's Not Easy Being Green Shopping Bag." A very simple easy-peasy string bag out of dishcloth cotton, quick to make, washable and very strong.

Now, if we can remember to use them when we grocery shop. I'm not good at all this save-the-planet hoohah. Baby steps, baby steps.

2 Comments:

Blogger ChestyLove said...

It's not a hard habit to get into, taking the bag. Just put it on your grocery list when you do your shopping. Or make a few and keep them in your car(s).

Here the groceries don't give you the bags...you have to buy them...so you see folks walking about with all sorts of bags and baskets. I just keep thinking you couldn't get away with that in the US because it looks like you're shoplifting.

2:59 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

That bag looks really sturdy. I've been looking for a good pattern... did you just make one up, or did you use a pre-existing one?

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes