Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Damn Dog.

I hate the Obama's new dog.

I think it's a ugly breed to begin with since I loathe poodles and that thing is decidedly "poodle-esque".

I hate that it came from Ted "And When I Returned, Mary Jo and the Car Were Gone" Kennedy. The man has made a career of cheating, lying, boozing, womanizing, and let us not forget the murder he got away with. 'Course he's Saint Teddy now that he's got the cancer. Whatever.

And I'm a little nauseous that not only does Bo (the ugly dog) have a book deal in place, there are people who will actually PAY TO READ IT.

Until Bezzie gets a deal for the Cheapass Bible that I think she should write, Yorkie gets her novel about the Monks published, and Penny Karma is a household name in the way Erma Bombeck was for my mother's generation, I'm calling for a boycott. Just say no, people. Just. Say. No.

In less vent-y news, I've been spinning again, trying to get back into the rhythm of it, and I have to say, so far so good.

I used up a bit of some turquoise blue roving that I had hanging around to get warmed up, then I finished up the burgundy colored merino I started last year. It came out pretty good, but like most reds it photographs poorly. I have some olive-ish green that complements it beautifully so when it's spun up and I figure out how much I've got I'll see what I can combine them to make. I just started some lavender merino as well, and I've got two more fibers in the stash to work on.

I told you I'm not going to make it to NHSWF this year, right? Yeah, my mother's day is shot to hell, but I'll survive. Another rant for another day.

I've knit some stuff too, and I think most of it is in my etsy shop already listed and for sale. I even got picked for a showcase recently which made my whole day. Yay for me! I'm currently working on a scarf from four skeins of Reynolds Sea Wool sock yarn Kashmir Knitter sent me. It's really bouncy and should make a fantastic scarf.

That's all for now so that I can get this posted and do a spot of cleaning. Bob is coming up for the weekend and I expect him this afternoon, so I better get the laundry switched over and clean the kitchen! My birthday party is Sunday which will complete the Octave of Poops.

Yea, verily.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! A tiny bit of spring coming your way soon.

-your KnittyMama secret pal

1:24 PM  
Blogger Cindy in (un) Happy Valley said...

Again, thank you!

However, you had to be prepared for this. The press is poised to gushingly document EVERYTHING this first family does.... I'm waiting for the inevitable glowing description of the dogs first poop!

That being said, I'm a little confused about Ted's involvement. According to this http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09104/962604-57.stm the dog is from a breeder in Erie, PA. and is simply a litter mate of one of the Kennedy dogs. Bo, formerly Charlie, was returned to the breeder by his original owner. The press didn't even get this right.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Kaye said...

Damn that red is lucious!

It's good to know the Oboner is going to last probably the full four hours before we have to consult a physician.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I love you because you say "the cancer", like I do.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes