Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Baby hats, birthday gifts, and butt ugly.


Baby Hats
I finished up three baby hats and a pair of booties. They're done in Wildflower DK, a cotton/acrylic blend. Again, not much give and kind of hard on the hands. And very "splitty" to boot. But it knits up delightfully soft and washes like a dream in the washer and dryer. I don't think I'll make anymore of the booties since I'm convinced that they're not stretchy enough to stay on a baby, so I'll use up the rest of the skeins doing colorwork on some more hats.

Birthday Gifts
I also got a lovely belated birthday gift in the mail from my brother- and sister-in-law and nephew down in Dallas. I've decided I like getting presents late--it extends the joy of the day out even longer! Anyway, it's a framed picture that says "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." (Now try to not hum "Turn Turn Turn" for the rest of the day. I dare you.) And the other is a journal, which is going to become my knitting journal, since I was thinking of starting one. So this is a sign, I'm thinking. It does make my day to get something lovely in the mail!
Butt Ugly
I refer you to the yarn choices MK made for her poncho. She wanted red and pink, which was going to be hard enough to pull off in a cute way, but could be done. But in a fit of stupidity, I had her along to the yarn shop and told her to find some yarn she liked. And this is what she came up with. Screaming florescent pink and fire engine red. It gives me a headache just looking at it, and I am entertaining options from anyone who has any clue how to make these two colors work together. She told me I could add green and yellow if I wanted. Yeah, that'll make it better.
For anyone out there who is considering letting their five and a half year old make yarn buying decisions...this could happen to you.

3 Comments:

Blogger hootsister said...

1. The baby gifts are fantastic.
2. Happy Birthday!
3. On the bright side, maybe you can submit the project to YKW?!

good luck!

5:11 PM  
Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Love the baby stuff! And here's hoping that you can somehow minimize the clashing of the red and pink. :)

(When I was 8, my parents let me pick the colors when we redid my bedroom. Cotton candy pink walls, lavender and white furniture... and hot pink carpet. 20 years later, it still hasn't been redone.)

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least wearing those colours, you won't lose her in a crowd!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes