Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Belated posting!

I've been a bit behind. I've gone almost a week without a peep. And my peeps will abandon me without fodder!

So let's see. After last weekends songfest, I still had choir practice on Monday. On Saturday the choir lost one of our own, and her funeral was set for Friday. So at Monday's rehearsal we practiced for that service plus our usual Sunday stuff as well. It was a full practice. And I was assigned a solo for the funeral.

Most of this week was fairly uneventful, I have to say. The leaves are at peak foliage this week, and the weather's been nice and cooperative, though not enough so as to get the porch painted. But I did get the stain I needed and I think Sunday is going to be the day, as soon as I get home from church.

I also started using Freecycle, and I gotta tell you, I'm not impressed. I listed two things and no one has shown up at all. Bah.

So Thursday night was calling hours for Mary, our departed soprano. Jeanne, the choir director, had some of us over that night later to raise a glass and wake her in fine Irish style. So we played some cards, sang some songs and drank some good tequila.

I had also come down with a cold on Wednesday, so that night I thought it prudent to take a couple of Benedryl to clear up my head congestion.

Note to self: Benedryl and tequila, no matter how top the shelf, do not mix. Not when you have to sing at 10 in the morning. I started warming up with scales at 7:30 and by 8:30 I was panicking a little. But by 10 I had found my voice and it was back completely by the time the mass was over. So all went well there.

Saturday we tried to go to Oktoberfest at Gunstock. Paid our admission and went in only to find out that most of the activities ended at 4, and the evening stuff didn't start until 7. WTF? So we asked for and got our money back, and had a lovely dinner at the William Tell Inn instead. Osso Bucco that can't be beat and Wienerschnitzel so good you'll slap your mama.

And now it's Friday night, the kids are in bed, and I'm all updated. Tomorrow I will take a pic of the Bug in her new poncho.

Oh, and the Knittyheads thought it would be fun to display all our FO's from this year. I haven't got the heart to tell them I've made 133 things that I can document. (Possibly more that I either didn't finish or gave away/sold and forgot to mention.)

They're going to hate me. Or think I'm lying. But I'm not...

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Poops, you overachiever you!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes