Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, September 18, 2006

WTF?

So, the Pope got the Muslims all riled up because he said, in a nutshell, that Islam was by and large thought of at one time as a violent religion because Muhammed said to bring faith with a sword, or something to that effect.

Then the Muslims burn five churches in the Middle East. And they weren't even Catholic churches.

On Sunday, the Pope apologizes, says "I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't mean to."

Today, this little gem:

"The Mujahedeen Shura Council, an umbrella organization of Sunni Arab extremist groups that includes al-Qaida in Iraq issued a statement on a Web forum vowing to continue its holy war against the West. The authenticity of the statement could not be independently verified.
The group said Muslims would be victorious and addressed the pope as "the worshipper of the cross" saying "you and the West are doomed as you can see from the defeat in Iraq,
Afghanistan, Chechnya and elsewhere. ... We will break up the cross, spill the liquor and impose head tax, then the only thing acceptable is a conversion (to Islam) or (killed by) the sword."

So the Pope has to apologize for being--what? Right? He says he's sorry, and they say, not good enough. We want MORE of an apology.

How about right after you apologize for 9/11.

Gentle farmers, my ass.

WTF?

2 Comments:

Blogger Pinkwool said...

I agree, sista... I had to laugh that they were retaliating by burning down churches for what the pope said and couldn't even manage to hit the right churches. Lol...

11:29 AM  
Blogger Thea said...

I always wonder if they get the irony, you know?

It really is a peaceful religon, but those guys... not really following the Koran so much as they convince themselves they are.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes