Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Little Lovely Poncho

Okay, I told you I made the Bug her poncho. It's not "from hell" anymore because I found a way great variegated pink and red yarn that she liked so much she didn't even notice that I didn't use the heinous pink and red she picked out months ago. That has been relegated to The Stash.

The pattern I used is from "Top Down for Toddlers" in the largest size. I modified the collar because it was WAY too big for her neck and would slide down off her shoulders if I didn't do something. So I picked up the cast-on stitches, but only half of them and continued upwards in 1x1 rib and then I started increasing every few rows until it made a relaxed turtleneck.

Which is why I had to order extra yarn.

It comes just to her waist and wrists, and I think in these pictures she has it on sideways, but I can't be sure. I was rushing because it was 85 degrees out there today and the model was sweaty. Fierce, but sweaty.

The yarn is by handpaintedyarn.com and is called "Little Lovely." I liked it so much I ordered a blue colorway to make a sweater for Bobo. No more ponchos! Blech!

I've also made progress on the porch. We painted the floor with a semi-transparent oil stain called "weathered barn board" and it looks good. I got the trim to paint tomorrow and nail into place. We have to finish it up because Dad is having his defibrillator replaced Wednesday and will be on light duty for awhile. So we want to get the bulk of it done. Luckily it's going to be cooler over the next few days. It was HOT today.

We went to the Sandwich Fair today. Usually it's about 20 degrees cooler and a warm bowl of chowder in a bread bowl and a hot apple crisp are just the ticket. Today it was in the 80's and the lemonade people were lovin' it!

I usually love it, but meh. Too hot to enjoy. And I burned my neck and cheeks. Meh again. More on that later, Sister has the pics and I'm tired. And still sick.

Meh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job on the poncho! The porch is looking good too! Hope you are feeling better soon! :)

11:52 PM  
Blogger Pinkwool said...

The poncho looks adorable on Bug!! You know you'll have to sneak it away from her to wash it once it becomes colder as I am sure she'll wear it daily with pride. :O)

Dontcha just love the weather? Today is going to be mid 70's and Friday the high will be 40. WTF? We have a festival we go to next week and it's a totally bummer if it's warm. It's called the Pumpkin Show and since most items are warm and made of pumpkin, it's hard to get into the mood for those things when it's warm. *sigh*

Gotta love those fall sunburns.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Gotta love a model who can bring the Fierce even when sweaty. But can she get the "wind in the hair" look when it's not windy?

I love Top Model too.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes