Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Monday, February 05, 2007

I Felt the Need to Felt

Remember months and months ago when I told Bug I'd make her a poncho and she picked out the ugliest yarn ever? So I decided to make an Andean style poncho and added even more ugly yarn to it, only to discover after 8 inches of involved colorwork that there was no way it was going to fit the bug, as my poncho pattern was made for pattern stitches that have some give. Which left me with a triangularish piece of knitting that was too much work to toss, and too many short pieces of yarn to frog.
Well, yesterday I felted it. I sewed up the bottom and the part that was going to be a placket for her head to go through, and tossed it in the wash. When it came out and dried, I tucked the corners in and tacked 'em down and then whacked a crocheted strap on it. Voila! Perfect for Bug to tote around her Polly Pockets or whatever else it is that kid is toting about these days.
Back before the holidays I started knitting a sheep from a Fiber Trends pattern. It was kind of involved and a bit tedious, and I was almost done knitting it when I set it aside for awhile.
Well, I finished the back hooves, ears, and tail, sewed them on and tossed Lambikin in the washer. Oh. My. God. I love him so. Yesterday I put on his button eyes and a bell on his neck. I don't know what I'm going to do with him, but I'm very much in love with him. I might just let him hang out near my knitting basket for inspiration.
Finally this weekend, I made a pair of mittens. I have been getting ready for Flash Your Stash 2007 by neatening up the stash, and I took some half-used skeins and wound them into neat little balls. Turns out I had lots of different pinks and I made some Sweetheart mittens. I am so happy with these too. It's really been a good weekend for knitting all around.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Love the worlds ugliest poncho-now-purse! It looks great as a purse!!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

That's a great, really bright poncho purse! I love things that are so fugly they're cool.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Faerynuff said...

Blimey! You;ve been cranking them out again! Gorgeous as always x

3:22 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Well, that ugly poncho (says you!) is one cute purse, great save!

I love that sheep!!! Awww I wanna make one!

As for the mitten...well you know! Awesome as always! :)

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made the sheep, but his legs were so thin that I couldn't stuff them. He just falls over when I try to stand him up. Any tricks to making the legs big enough to stuff?

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes