Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Friday, February 02, 2007

"It's not THAT the wind is blowin'..."

"...it's WHAT the wind is blowin'. If you get hit by a Volvo, it doesn't matter how many sit-ups you did that morning." --Ron "Tater Salad" White.

Larry's grandparents live in Lady Lake, Florida which got nailed by a tornado last night. My FIL spoke with them this morning and they are fine. Which is a great relief, thank you God! It's hard having elderly relatives that far away, especially when they live where the weather can be dicey. And it's disconcerting to hear that their whole county and surrounding counties have been named as disaster areas. Not good.

I got some knitting to show you! Wanna see? Of course, you do!


A pair of mittens for a toddler. I used up some green, fuzzy wool from JoAnn's own line of yarns. Single ply, felt a lot like very sturdy roving to knit with. Fuzzy and soft, though! The pink is some leftover Knitpicks Swish. Keep that "leftover" part in mind. It's a theme today.

Red wool mittens with one cable down the backs. Made from Knitpicks WOTA in red, leftover from all those Red Hat Lady slippers. I still have plenty for more red mittens, too.

Brown wool mittens from Lion Brand Wool, or it could be Paton's Merino. Only it doesn't feel soft enough to be merino, so I'm voting for Lion. The cuffs have stripes of maroon, gold, and dark green. More leftover, naturally. I did buy the brown just to have, so that doesn't count as leftovers.

Here's some fingerless mittens made from Brown Sheep Nature's Spun in dark blue and the light blue is Paton's Classic Merino in light blue. I have to say that those weren't leftovers either. I like blue yarn and have lots of it.

The last pair of fingerless mittens are brown with red trim. The brown in Patons again, and the trim is more of that red WOTA from the slippers. I love brown and red together. Remember in the Little House on the Prairie books when Reverend Alden's church back east sent a bunch of presents for the settlers, and Laura got a brown wool coat with red trim, and a fur hat and muff that matched? Yeah, that's what these mitts remind me of.


2 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Very cute! I love the Laura Ingalls ones!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I bow to your Mitteness! You are the Queen of fabulous mitten knitting! Great job on them all! :)

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes