Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Morning Bath

So a couple of days ago I made the girls frozen waffles for breakfast.

We got back from the bus stop and Bobo tells me she wants more waffles. “Sister’s waffles?” she inquires. Behold a photo of her pre-waffleness. She is wearing her new winter hat, made from Knitpicks Swish and of my own pattern. Her wee pink mittens match, but she decided she didn’t need them at the bus stop, so they’re in my coat pocket. In case you were wondering. And the flash is not her friend, in case you were wondering about that too.

“Sure,” I reply, “you can finish Sister’s waffles.

Unbeknownst to me, Sister added about a half a cup of pancake syrup to her waffles while I was getting dressed. It did not slow Bobo down a bit.

So I settle down at the computer to check my emails, and I’m just getting relaxed when in comes Bobo with syrup from head to toe. She had it in her hair. She had it all over her face. She had it webbed between her fingers and on every stitch of clothing save her shoes.

Since a facecloth just wasn’t going to handle this level of sticky, I stripped her and popped her into a warm tub. With some Curious George bubble bath and a handful of toys. What more could a kid want?

I grab a fresh cup of coffee and settle in to check the news when…

“Mama! Mama! I get out!”

“You ready to get out of the tub, Sweetie?” I reply.

“I pooped!”

“You pooped? In the tub?”

“Mama, I pooped in the tub!”

And thus endeth the bath for the day. On the plus side, she was clean and fresh and empty, her hair was braided neatly and I got her nails trimmed to boot. I have to cut her bangs, but I need Larry to pin her down for that. It freaks her out.

Now, to catch up, since I’ve been remiss in posting again….

Sunday morning I cantored at the early mass all by myself. And I done purty good. I didn’t suck, which I take as a victory every time. While I’m thinking positively towards the day when perhaps people will see that it’s me cantoring and think to themselves, “Oh, Jen’s cantoring…she does such a good job! Yay!” for now I’m content with the fact that I didn’t puke or soil myself. Actually, once the psalm was out of the way, I totally relaxed. Good sign indeed.

So when I got back from church, I checked in with my knitters, and you know who you are! They pointed out the new Anthropologie catalog had some knitted votive holders and well, you know I can’t resist anything in a cozy. So I spent the afternoon knitting some. And here they are.

There are four glass votive holders that have a cozy knitted on the outside of the glass. The three pillar candles have a cozy too, but there’s nothing between the candle and the wool, so I shall put on the tag that the cozy should be removed before burning, both to avoid a fire and to keep wax out of the knitting.

Earlier this week (or it might have been last week, I forget), I finished a pair of mittens. I made them from Knitpicks Telemark yarn in Bayberry and Drift. I tried to make them from the pattern for Setesdal mittens from the Folk Mittens book, but it called for a gauge of 18 sts per 2 inches using worsted weight wool and size 0 needles. Well, that just isn’t going to happen. I managed to pull off a tight 6 sts to the inch on size 2’s, so I used their decorative design on the bottom, only 4 repeats instead of 6, and I used my own mitten pattern for the top because I like it and feel I have perfected it for my own use. So here they are.

I’m making another Telemark pair with Rosemary and Cream with a different pattern, and I made the cuff part bigger and put a ribbed cuff underneath for fit and extra draft protection. I’ll show them when they’re done. Which I might be able to finish today if I go get busy on them.

I think that’s all I’ve been up to lately. This week I have got to get cracking on my candy making for the church fair on Saturday. I have the stuff, but not the drive. Again, more pics when I get them done. Ironically, I bought the supplies early so I wouldn’t be working on them at the last minute. Ah, I should know myself better than that by now, dontcha think?

I also want you to know that I’ve been trying to post this since Monday. It is Wednesday. Between Blogger and my stupidass virus scan update, I’m having computer issues. If you are reading this, I’m not yet completely crazy. Yet.

And I did finish those rosemary colored mittens, but you'll just have to wait to see them. Mmmmkay?

3 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

She looks so cute in her pink hat!

The bath story cracked me up, I have one that treated me to a bath like that once, too.

Mittens are beautiful!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Ugh. Tub poop always reminds me of that Eddie Murphy bit

"and G.I. Joe is swimmin in the waterrrrrrr... and then the big brown shark comes after G.I. Joe..."

5:43 PM  
Blogger OLPP said...

Aw! Your daugher is such a dolly! I love the tealight cozies (tee hee, something to keep the candled warm!) and the mittens look great! Just amazing.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes