Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Hate Running Out of Yarn!

But it's what happens when you pay no heed to yardage amounts required for a project, and attempt to use up as many skeins as possible during said project.


Hence the khaki sleeves on the last baby sweater. They were supposed to be navy, but I ran out and rather than order more, I just used the khaki of which I had plenty. I call it a design feature.


So now I'm working on a cotton sweater and I'm not going to have enough aquamarine to finish it. But to sub another color would look weird and bad, so I just ordered another skein of the aqua, and some more cream for another project entirely.
This is made from Knitpicks Shine Sport in coral, aquamarine, and butter. There are four buttonholes at the very top in the first aquamarine and coral stripe. I'm planning on using yellow buttons there. It'll be long sleeved when I'm done...note the dps on the as yet unfinished sleeve!
I don't think there's anything more satisfying than a top-down raglan sleeve sweater. Easy to make, and once you've figured out the math behind it, so simple to just design your own. I have some basic notes and numbers for this kind of sweater, but no real "pattern" per se.
I would also like to point out one more thing with this sweater: I've got a grip on my "rowing out" problem! My gauge is very consistent now, and you can't see where I go from knitting back and forth to in the round. I'm pleased with my progress in this area!
Keep your eyes glued to my blog for upcoming events! Like you weren't going to anyway...
First, April 1st is the Annual Knittyboard "Flash Your Stash" event. You will see pictures of the yarny goodness I have acquired during my knitting career, brief as it has been thus far. I've been getting the skeins and balls in order for the big day, and we're primped and ready to go. Just waiting for those last stragglers to join the clan!
Second, April 7th is my official One Year Blogaversary! I feel I must celebrate with a contest and some prizes, so stay tuned for more information in the next couple of weeks.
And we're expecting as much as 10 inches of snow late Friday night. Would someone just shoot me, please?

3 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Very pretty sweater! With the few colors of KP shine I have I don't what you need! Darn! Looks like you have an interesting 1st week of April! :)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Can you get the same brand aquamarine in a different dye lot? It's striped, so the difference may not be noticeable.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Nell said...

That sweater is gorgeous! I agree, babies should wear bright cheerful colours!

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes