Ask Poops, Please

Putting my two cents in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire, United States

Born and bred in a small New England town, I am convinced that I know something about everything, and that my opinion matters. If only to me. Well, you'll see what I mean. And I love to knit, so you'll see what kind of things I'm doing when I should be vacuuming the living room.

Friday, February 23, 2007

The Calm Before the Storm.

I got a couple of projects off the needles last night. I finished MIL's red legwarmers and Buggy's So-Called scarf.

The legwarmers in a shade of red that can best be described as Christmas Red on Steroids are made from Encore DK, mostly acrylic with a touch of wool. I used the One Skein pattern as a guide for the lace edge, then I did a 4 x 1 rib for the leg part before switching to a 1 x 1 rib at the bottom edge. I also did some increases and a loose bind-off to make them super stretchy.

Bug's scarf is done in the same yarn as her hat and mittens and Bobo's hat and mittens. And I have nearly a full skein left, so I'll probably make her some fingerless mittens for spring because she loves them.

On the needles is a shawl, possibly for myself out of Artful Yarns Jazz in a nice brown colorway. I will likely work on that one today.

The storm that's a-comin' is a hat and legwarmer set that I'm making for a customer on etsy. The yarn has been ordered and is presumably on its way. I told her it'd take a month, so it's a priority.

Adding to the storm is the need to make some small sweaters for the girls to wear over their Easter dresses. Sister and I think "Molly" by Debbie Bliss will be perfect and we will choose and buy the yarn this weekend so we can get started. She'll do one and I'll do the other, and betwixt and between us we should be able to get them done by Easter morning.

So that's what's looming on the horizon. It's going to be a busy 5 weeks!

Lent started Wednesday and I cantored at Ash Wednesday mass. I was proud of myself for doing as well as I did on the psalm that I thought was so hard. Then I screwed up the Gospel Acclamation. Flat out forgot to come in on time. So I waited and they played the intro again and I got it on the second time through, so no big deal. But that's what I get for thinking well of myself after the psalm. For His glory, not mine. Gotta remember that...

I managed to fast and avoid meat all day, which is not easy when you're on a low-carb diet. Your meatless options dwindle dramatically when you avoid carbs. But I did it. I've decided to start the induction phase of Atkins on Monday. I did well on it before, and once Emma's birthday party (and cake) are out of the way this weekend, I can buckle down and cut out those carbs! That way, by the time Easter arrives I can have a bit of this n' that without throwing my body into shock.

I just remembered today was Friday. No meat again. Well, got to go rethink supper!

2 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Yes! You did it! Bright red leg warmers!

I love the scarf too. Why haven't I made one of those yet? Yours turned out nice, I like it narrow. Now I need one.

11:16 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

I love the way the yarn had striped on the scarf, that is so nice.
Wow that is red!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Recipes